Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
We are arriving in Belize next Thursday and plan on taking a bus to Ians (8 adults). I've read about making reservations ahead of time. Do you think that's necessary and if so how far ahead should you call? Do you have to make that international call, or is there a way to e-mail them. Also, does anyone know what the price is for the bus from Belize City to Ian's? I would really love to do the 300 ft. black hole drop but am a little nervous about it, how "difficult" is it? (the climb up and how long?) One more thing, should we expect a lot of rain during August considering it's the rainy season? Can't wait to go, I've loved reading everyones comments on Ian's, it sounds incredible! Thanks-jenn

You could call Novelo's bus line in Belize City. Tel. 011-501-227-2025. The cost would be around US$3 to $4 one-way. You'll likely have to change buses in Belmopan. You might get a good deal of rain in August, or you might get very little. In any case, unless a tropical wave or storm comes through and stalls over the region it's unlikely you'd get enough rain to spoil your trip.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
S
OP Offline
S
Lan,
Thanks so much for the information and phone number, that will be helpful.

We didn't make a bus reservation. I don't think it's necessary. Just ask a taxi driver to take you.

Do the Black Hole. It's a long climb up (a couple hours? My memory's fuzzy), but it's totally worth it! They'll go at your pace and let you take a couple breathers on the way up. Enjoy! And, post a trip report when you're back.

S
OP Offline
S
Islandjunkie,
I think we're definatly going to do the black hole now, how can you not... I loved your posting, it was great!

You might be cursing me on the way up, but you'll be thanking me when you get down! [Linked Image]
LOL!!! Thanks for the tip on the other section on airfare. I'll give the guy a call. As it is, looking like May, but hey, if a good deal presents itself, I'm always open.....

D
D
scottjenn22, here is a giudeline for a bus to Ian Anderson, Caves Branch.

Get a taxi from the Int'l Airport to the bus terminal in Belize City.

Ask at the ticket counter for tickets to Ian Anderson, Caves Branch on the Hummingbird Highway.

You may see in the window of the bus a sign that say DANGRIGA or PUNTA GORDA don't worry you'll be on the right bus as the bus will pass Ian's place.

Another great experience there is staying in the caves for an overnight.

I just had some guests who are on their honeymoon spend a night in there, they loved it.

They are now enjoying the beaches of Tobacco Caye.

Hi, trina I would suggest the Orange Walk area. There is a lot to offer there. In particular there is the Lamanai Outpost lodge that offers exactly what you're looking for. You can contact me if you need more info at [email protected]
S
OP Offline
S
d-jon,
thanks for the information. We'll definatly look into staying a night in the caves as well, that sounds great!

D
D
scottjenn22, you van e-mail me if you wish for more info on staying in the cave.

[email protected]

Hi, trina I would suggest the Orange Walk area. There is a lot to offer there. In particular there is the Lamanai Outpost lodge that offers exactly what you're looking for. You can contact me if you need more info at [email protected]
B
B
Staying overnight in what caves?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.