Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
Yakie Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
We are a group of Canadians staying in Belize for 2 weeks and want to tour around while on the mainland for 3 days. Does anyone know of any tours that do both the cave tubing and Xunantunich ruins together in 1 day????????? If so, would you have the prices or at least the contact info to book?????? Also, are there more than 1 spot to do the cave tubing????? We know about the Jaguar's Paw, but, thought there was another as well. Thanks for your help.Jackie

Ian Anderson's Caves Branch might fill the ticket for you. www.cavesbranch.com

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
tough in one day but you can ask. caves branch is great though. i have done both those trips with them, but not on the same day....

the mainland is very cool. i humbly suggest that if you have 2 weeks, spend a few more days (5) on the mainland. then you will have time to do each of those on separate days. Things are not as close to each other as yo may think.

http://www.pbase.com/sweetjane/belize_mainland_07

plenty to see and do.

Where are you staying on the mainland? Those 2 activites are in different locations and it may not make sense logistically to do them in the same day. The Cave Tubing is close to Belmopan (from Jaguar Paw or Ian Anderson's - both on the same river) and Xunantunich is between San Ignacio town & the Guatemala border. You can also cave tube or canoe at Barton Creek Cave in the Pine Ridge.

You can definitely do both in one day. Wifey and I did it in 2005 and had a blast. We started with Xunantunich early, ate a casual lunch in San Ignacio and then headed back toward Belmopan to catch the cave tubing. It is a long day but I didn't find it too jam-packed at all.

I do agree that if you can stay at Jaguar Paw or another recommended place on the mainland and spend several days, it is well worth it.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 356 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.