Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#270818 03/07/08 08:27 PM
OP Offline
We are planning to drive down to Belize from Playa del Carmen and spend a week doing a wander through the mainland with two of our children. Is there anything in particular you all would recommend we DO and just as importantly NOT DO with the kids. They are 5 and 6, very easy, well travelled, adventuresome and independent swimmers. We will be spending the last week of the month on the cayes so I am really looking for guidance on ruins, tours, wildlife sanctuaries, waterfalls, zoos etc...We will be starting in Corozal and our itinerary is wide open.
I look forward to all of your sage advise.

the kids might enjoy the Belize zoo, the inland blue hole nat'l park (like a cenote)is really nice and can swim there, and my kids climbed xunantunich at ages 5&7. a drive into mountain pine ridge area is nice too, but a LONG drive. doing that, we hit both the rio frio cave (no climbing, just a huge mouthed cave) and five sisters falls for a swim - it was a great day.

Barb K should be able to give more info...barb?? SIN, you too!

C
C
The Zoo is great, open air natural environment for the animals.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
OP Offline
Originally Posted by sweetjane
the kids might enjoy the Belize zoo, the inland blue hole nat'l park (like a cenote)is really nice and can swim there, and my kids climbed xunantunich at ages 5&7. a drive into mountain pine ridge area is nice too, but a LONG drive. doing that, we hit both the rio frio cave (no climbing, just a huge mouthed cave) and five sisters falls for a swim - it was a great day.

Barb K should be able to give more info...barb?? SIN, you too!

All great stops to make. Any cool small towns/villages that we should make a point of visiting?

http://www.pbase.com/sweetjane/belize_mainland_07

i'm hoping someone with more knowledge answers that. above is a link to mainland pics we took last yr with our boys so you can see what there is to do.

OP Offline
Great pictures!! Thank you so much for sharing them. I'm so excited to get down there and do some exploring!!

OP Offline
Hi all!! Thanks to everyone for the tips and advice. I am keeping an online blog of our adventures. So far, as internet can be tough to come by and I have millions of pictures to upload, I have gotten as far as Day 1 and Day 2 or our Belize Road Trip. I hope you enjoy following along with us.

If you have trouble with the links the blog is www[dot]LifesaBeachBlog[dot]com.

Thanks again everyone!!

S
S
Great style! And photos...keep it up.

Great photos!

Kat
OP Offline
Road Trip Belize - Day 3

Thanks for joining us on our adventure!!

www.lifesabeachblog.com

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 340 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.