Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#14050 07/12/01 02:21 PM
J
JillB Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I just had to comment on the short, but wonderful, time we spent at duPlooy's last week. We spent two nights there and enjoyed it so much. duPlooy's had Sam pick us up at the airport. Well, after a 2-1/2 hr. trip with Sam the five of us were laughing and having such a great time and we were thrilled to discover Sam was going to be our "guide" the next day through the Mountain Pine Ridge area. Sam was so knowledgable about the flora, fauna and the past and present of Belize. At the end of the day he took us by his own farm and we ate fresh mango right off the tree, and pineapple picked right from his field. Oh my gosh, I am in heaven now!

duPlooy's literature says they are "for travelers, not tourists" and that really did seem to fit. The jungle lodge accomodations were basic, clean and elegant. The food is well prepared, nothing fancy. The "hangover" deck is the best morning bird watching spot you can imagine. I just don't think if you are looking for a little adventure and the chance to see more of Belize that duPlooy's could disappoint. The staff is great, as well. Thanks, Donna! And, most of all, thank you Sam, for showing us YOUR Belize!

#14051 07/13/01 01:45 PM
B
B
Hi JillB,
I like Duplooys too (especially the deck)and have scheduled my groups to stay there each summer. Had a 2 groups there in June.I also am partial to Chaa Creek Macal River Camp.

#14052 07/13/01 02:00 PM
K
K
I recently visited DuPlooy's and was pleasantly suprised with the place. That walkway above the trees is gorgeous and the rooms on the mountain side are very nice. I agree that the bar area is great, surrounded by nature. They've done a wonderful job with the place.

Karen Pasquariello

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.