Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
OP Offline
G
WHATS THE WORD ON THIS PLACE. BEEN TO AMBERGRIS MATA CHICA HOW DOES IT COMPARE?? WHAT'S TO DO IN THE NEAR VACINITY?? TOWN... JUNGLE ???
ANY INFO APPRECIATED!!!!!!

I've stayed at Robert's Grove several times. It's comparable to Mata Chica in some ways, not in others. It doesn't have thatch cabanas like Mata Chica; instead, it has suites and rooms in a cluster of buildings. It also has amenities Mata Chica doesn't, such as two swimming pools, tennis courts, a small gym and rooftop jacuzzis. It has a bit more of an Americanized feel.

Robert's Grove and Turtle Inn are the two top resorts on the Placencia peninsula, by far.

What to do? Besides water activities (though the reef at Placencia is much farther out than at Ambergris Caye), you can take day trips to Monkey River, to several Maya ruins near PG and to Cockscomb jaguar preserve.

All in all, the Placencia peninsula is more like North Ambergris than it is like San Pedro.

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
Hey everyone....anyone know if Turtle Inn has put in air-condition?? If not, if they are planning to....i love the place, but...it can get HOT!

Not so far as I know. As long as the prevailing breezes off the sea are blowing, and as long as you're in one of the seafront units, they're quite comfortable. Towards the back, it can get hot.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
R
R
Turtle Inn didn't have AC when I was there this past summer. They have large screened windows on each side of the cabanas and the wind blows through.

KBG Offline
Not all the experience as Lans, but have stayed at Roberts Grove in last couple of years. Everthing is top notch, but maybe a litte toooo americanized. Beautiful setting and beach and water with far off reef as is typical of south Belize. But is quiet setting like south Florida gulf side 30-40 years ago. Service is also top notch there. TRY IT OUT YOU WILL LOVE IT. As I always say, "GO TO BELIZE SOON AND ENJOY BEFORE ALL THE TOURIST DISCOVER IT." :p KBG

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 110 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.