Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#13942 05/14/01 03:13 PM
A
aimee Offline OP
OP Offline
A
HI! I'm new to the board, and just want to say thanks, first of all, to all of you out there who tirelessly provide so much useful information! I've read through various guide books and spent countless hours on the internet only to find that very often the best spot for *real* info is right here! I can't imagine trying to plan a trip to Belize without consulting this bulltin board first. The kind of answers and detail I've seen you all provide are the things that can really make the difference in someone's vacation.

Well, I guess I've gushed enough, huh?
My fiance and I are (hopefully) coming to Belize for our honeymoon in December--still not sure whether we'll go to AC or Placencia, but we definitely want to do a lot of fishing. Kevin Modera and Mary Toy's guide service in Placencia contacted me about a possible trip itinerary which included a stay at Sonny's Resort--has anyone stayed there? And do any of you know Kevin or Mary? Any positive or negative feedback would be greatly appreciated! [Linked Image]

ps--we're splurging to come to Belize at all, and as much as we'd like to stay at a place like the Inn at Robert's, I think we need to scale down financially--would any of you recommend Tradewinds over Sonny's?

Thanks!

Aimee
#13943 05/14/01 08:44 PM
Aimee..try posting on the other section..you'll get more replies...I prefer AC myself..spent 9 incredible days diveing and relaxing..already starveing so I can go back..hehe..well..not REALLY starveing...just saveing...Look into Coconuts..save money on sleeping and spent it sight seeing and..arh I hate to say it...fishing..I really hate to see my little underwater buddies getting hooked..but it's ok..just make sure ya eat them...thats all...
Have a GREAT honeymoon...and enjoy Belize..after you go you will never be the same...at least I was'nt...
Mark

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
#13944 05/14/01 09:51 PM
I would never put Sonny's in the top 10 of budget hotels on the Placencia peninsula. I'm surprised Mary, who is very knowledgeable about Placencia, is recommending it, and the fact that she is doing so makes me think things have changed at Sonny's recently. I'll have to revisit it again soon to see.

I don't know whether "Axeman" has been anywhere else in Belize besides Ambergris but while Ambergris is great for what it is, it is only a small fraction of what Belize offers, and there is SO much more to the country than San Pedro.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine
http:www.turq.com/belizefirst/
(soon migrating to www.belizefirst.com)

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#13945 05/16/01 09:48 PM
Lan, you are by far more traveled than I...In a Big way..I've only been to San Pedro...and love to see your post...I always learn something new..thank you for posting

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.