Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#14297 12/09/01 11:38 PM
J
jegrt Offline OP
OP Offline
J
My husband and I like simple beach accommodations with shaded hammocks and snorkeling from the beach. We are narrowing down our choices to Kitty's Place or Greenparrot. Welcome your thoughts. How's the food at each place? Also, do you have an opinion on packages that include airfare from Belize City, day trips and meals? AND FINALLY, please advise what the bug situation is like! And why do so many beach resorts have a/c? I thought it's generally cool enough sleeping with ceiling fans.

Appreciate your informed responses!

I've stayed at both places and like them both, though I prefer Kitty's (the three beachfront cottages) for its beautiful beach, convenience to Placencia village and the lower peninsula and great laid-back Belizean atmosphere. Green Parrot is up in Maya Beach and is an expensive taxi ride back and forth to Placencia village, the airstrip, etc.

Both are now open following Iris.

Neither Kitty's or Green Parrot has air-con. You don't really need it if you are staying on the water and if your unit catches the breeze, which is the case with both of these.

Mosquitoes are rarely a problem on the water when the breeze is blowing, which is most of the time. Sandflies are sometimes a nuisance but they are not terrible here.

Both places have pretty good restaurants. There are a number of other restaurants up and down the peninsula (though some have not yet reopened) so you will probably want to eat at a variety of places.

Green Parrot was sold a couple of years ago, and that has improved it. Kitty's has been for sale, almost sold a few months ago, but the sale fell through.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First www.belizefirst.com/

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
We stayed @ Green Parrot the first time we went to Belize, for a week. If it is better now than it was, it must be grand! Most enjoyable.

M
M
Im a big fan of Kittys with a wonderful restaurant and great beach bungalows, none with ac, just celing fans, which I find sufficient in February. Return air from Intl from Placencia is 140.00 per person and Kittys offers day trip up Monkey river to see howerls, full day snorkel and dive trips, day trips to the ruins in the Mayan villages in the south, ful day guided hiking in the Jaguar Preserve and more. If you let an operator know what you want to do, perhaps they can offer a package to include all that.

Katie Valk
Maya Travel Services

Maya Travel Services
I HAVE NEVER STAYED AT KITTYS BUT KNOW THAT IT HAS A WONDERFUL REPUTATION.GREEN PARROT ON THE OTHER HAND IS A PLACE THAT I HAVE BEEN.YOU WILL NOT FIND A MORE WONDERFUL PLACE TO HANG ON THE BEACH AND ENJOY THE WEATHER. NO A/C BUT IT'S NOT NEEDED WITH THE CONSTANT SEA BREEZE.WE WERE THERE IN FEB LAST YEAR AND NEVER GOT BOTHERED BY ANY FLYING PEST.THE OWNERS DAVID AND ASMA ARE THE MOST ACOMODATING AND CARING PEOPLE YOU WILL EVER MEET.I WOULD RATE THE FOOD ABOVE AVERAGE AND THE SUPPORT STAFF AS EXCEPTIONAL.THEY CAN HELP YOU BOOK ANY TRIP YOU'D LIKE.YES THE TAXI IS AN EXPENSE BUT WITH EACH RIDE YOU GET TO SEE NEW THINGS AND MEET NEW PEOPLE. I THINK WE PAID 15BZ EACH WAY BUT IF YOUR GOING TO TOWN FOR 4-5 HOURS WHY COMPLAIN.CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON A GOOD TIME!!!!

YA CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON A GOOD TIME

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.