Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
pele Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi folks!

I am leaving for lovely Belize in 10 days (woo hoo! laugh ) and my plane is expected to land at 3:34 pm. The last bus for Dangriga leaves at 5:15 (I know this because, per advice on this board, I emailed the Belize Tourist Board and they sent me a schedule!). Is this a do-able timeframe? How long does getting through customs usually take?

I have travelled a fair amount, and time at customs has been all over the map, ranging from over an hour (USA) to literally walking off the plane, grabbing my waiting bags and walking out of the airport (Venice). I wonder which extreme Belizean customs is closer to.

I need to be in Dangriga by 10am the following morning to catch my boat to Tobacco Caye; AC will be my final stop in my 2 1/2 week visit. I understand that Belize City is not considered a favorable place to stay overnight, so I'd like to get to Dangriga right away, and I want to take the buses and see the sights and talk to the people.

Anyway, enough rambling. Thank you all! The information on here has been most helpful and entertaining!

pele

C
C
Just my expereince that it generally does not take very long to get through customs at the international airport. The customs agents seem to move the people along very quickly. you should be through customs usually no later than 4:30 by the latest, Just keep up the pace ,and move quickly and you will be in and out in no time. Then you can grab a beliken, and a hot dog at JETS bar, and relax.

can' relax at jet's ( or even get through to it without an airline ticket) if shes taking the bus

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
It took us less than an hour in customs (3 people traveling)

C
C
oh i didn't see she was taking the bus

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.