Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#13703 01/30/01 01:14 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Hi - we'll be staying at the Singing Sands Inn and are taking a tour with Pedro Pop to Cockscomb - will we need long pants and hiking boots?

Thanks for the help!

B
B
Long pants maybe, hiking boots, no. I have 1 pair of really good Northface pants that are summer weight--I look like a nerd in them, but i think it is a guy thing; we like gear with pockets, zippers, and velcro.

An old pair of Khakis would be great, though. Not blue jeans as they don't "breath" at all.

Not big hiking boots as they take up so much room and you seldom wear them. Try an old pair of sneakers [with a little tread], then just leave them there.

Tell Marti & Eldon & Pedro that Big Frank says hello. We were there last month! I took the Num Li Punit & Blue Creek cave trip. I really enjoyed the ruins and cave float, although it was A LOT of windshield time, so I only give a reserved recommendation.

If you want to know anything else, just post for me:-]

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks a bunch, Big Frank! I'll tell Pedro you said hi and the other two as well, if I run into them!

I forgot to ask about the mosquitos and no-see-ums - are they pretty bad? My local buddies in Cabo San Lucas call me "Carne Dulce" because the bugs love me so much!

Thanks again for your information.

Susan

B
B
1] DEET works well-- apply before going out
2] Minimize perfumes and aromas--just use water in the am, save soap for last thing at night
3]I got no-see-ums right after sundown
4]have some manly person smoke acigar to shoo bugs away
tell your hubby/partner i gave permission to spew second hand smoke everywhere;-}

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 283 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.