Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#44104 09/17/01 09:05 PM
D
OP Offline
D
has anyone gone on the cave tubing trip? is it worth,how about the zoo?

#44105 09/17/01 09:32 PM
There are a number of cave tubing trips. The best known are probably those offered by Ian Anderson's and Jaguar Paw. They are a lot of fun (for most people.)

The Belize Zoo is great. I first visited it in 1991 when it was in its old location and have been there many times since and have always enjoyed it.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.belizefirst.com/

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#44106 09/18/01 07:25 AM
L
L
We did the cave tubing and zoo tour, it was totally worth it. I learned a lot and the caves are cool. The zoo is nice.

#44107 09/18/01 12:38 PM
R
R
deannedra,

I went cave tubing in Aug at Jaguar Paw and it was incredible. The Rainforest was stunning in its beauty and abundance. If you are afraid of the dark or have a fear of small areas you may want to reconsider the tubing.They give you flashlights to wear on your head but your vision is still very limited. In the caves the images are spectacular and the river water is nice and cool. It is a slow trip with the current slowly taking through the caves then for a short trip back to your vehicle. Overall, well worth it. Remember to ask a lot of questions regarding the vegetation in the rainforest. You will be amazed at the medicinal uses of almost every plant you see.
We can learn a lot from the Mayans and their knowledge of the forest.
The zoo was much better than I anticipated. Lots of native animals and pretty well kept.
They were a lot more active than usual so we had quite a show from the big cats. The monkeys are always a treat as are the Tapir's.

Enjoy

#44108 09/18/01 01:45 PM
C
C
We are going last week in Dec. First week in Jan.2002 has anyone done the cave tubing then??Also would a non-swimmer be ok on these trips?we have been checking prices looks like 80.00 each is that about right?

#44109 09/18/01 03:19 PM
R
R
Hey Cats,
not sure how the water is at that time of year but when we went it was so shallow in some places that we sraped our butts on some small rocks, no injuries cuz we had plenty of warning, it was just a bit unplanned. If you feel confortable with an inner tube under you , you should be fine. I can't inagine the water being more than 5 or 6 feet deep.
The $80 is about right. Actually ours was much more , we had to pay for air fare also from AC. For us that included the cave tubing, the zoo and lunch at a place called CHEERS(In Belize??)nothing like the Boston place but they have an incredible display of T-shirts that people have left for decoration. If you have a unique one, leave it there for all to see.

#44110 09/18/01 07:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
We did Jaguar Paw last February. Beautiful! We took a boat to BC, then got in a van for the rather bumpy ride- about an hour. Take shoes for hiking! (all I had was sandles, not a smart thing). It's about a 30 minute hike carrying a tube... The water was freezing, but with a couple of rum punches, you should be fine. The group I was with decided to make it really interesting and we all turned our headlights out. Very cool!! We had lunch there too, it was delish!
The zoo was like no other I have been to. Great friendly animals who love having their pix made! The howler monkeys are the best--we thought it was elephants from the noise.
We passed Cheers and I really wanted to stop. I am a former cheerleader and I owned a business called Cheerz, but I'll have to make that stop on another trip.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 298 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.