Philatelists or anyone interested to view a collection of new and vintage stamps can head down to the Banquitas House of Culture to view the Stamps of Belize Exhibition. Visitors will be immersing in a showcase of hundreds of stamps collected over the years, our newsteam was there and filed this report.

Maria Novelo - Reporting

One-of-a-kind priceless stamps ranging from the Queen Victoria Era, British Honduras and the Vatican State are among the many timed pieces in this exhibition named Stamps of Belize being hosted at the Banquitas House of Culture. Philatelists or stamp collectors, Rainaldo Urbina Jr. and his Uncle Elito Urbina Sr., say the exhibit highlights the history of Belize in all its grandeur.

Reynaldo Urbina Jr. - Stamp Collector/Philatelist

"Stamps are considered silent ambassadors, they always tell you about your country, tell you the history of your country and very educational and it is something that you can appreciate a lot." Maria Novelo - Reporter "How long have you been collecting them?" Reynaldo Urbina Jr. - Stamp Collector/Philatelist

"From when I was a young boy, since 15 years, I left it and then I took it back again at a mature age and it is quite exciting."

Maria Novelo - Reporter

"I see you have stamps that date back to the British Honduras, how did you get a hold of them?"

"My uncle Elito Urbina was my motivator and he is the one that started me up with stamp collecting and he is a big stamp collector also and from then on it just came on to me and I liked it."

Reynaldo's motivator and uncle Elito Urbina Sr. started collecting these stamps a little more than 60 years and after a short hiatus; his nephew re-ignited his passion to keep collecting the stamps. Urbins says these stamps are miniature works of art and nearly impossible to collect them without gaining a large amount of knowledge.

Elito Urbina Sr. - Philatelist/Stamp Collector

"It's considered the smallest country in the world, the Vatican city and after a while I found out that I have a quite a number of the first set of stamps of that country and then I said well something went into my mind stamps or certain stamps do have value and that is when I got really interested in stamps not only the educational part of it but stamps tell you about different countries; like Belize for example the birds, the trees, the heroes and things like that you learn a lot about all countries because they depict their history, their country, their culture and everything that are on the stamps."

Maria Novelo - Reporter

"Is it a dream that come for you to have it display like this?"

"I could never have thought that it would be displayed but thanks to my nephew and the people here at the house of culture and they arrange it but my collection is not too complete but it is pretty good."

With over 250 pages of the timed-pieces, one thing is true; stamp collection is unique as it gives a pictorial depiction of life and culture of people and places across Belize and the globe.

Maria Novelo - Reporter

"Usually people would collect things like seashells and dollar bills from all over the walks of the world but why choose stamps to collect?"

"I don't know but I had the chance to do currencies and coins but it didn't come into me I just fell for the stamps, I like it and I am inviting the public to have a look it is very interesting and it says a lot about our country."

"I think it is a very good hobby for any young boy because it is educationally, it keeps children out of trouble, it keeps you at home and it is very interesting to and I really would like to invite Orange Walkenos young people to get interested in the hobby of stamp collecting, philatelist and I think they will enjoy it very very much and I hope that some of the come to see the exhibition here at the house of culture and start collecting stamps it is something beautiful."

Held for the first time, the exhibition will run for two weeks from today to September 28th. The House of Culture took the opportunity to remind the public that on the 19th of September, Banquitas will be having music, giveaways in commemoration of their 12th Anniversary.

CTV3