Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
9 Images
Our First & last fishing trip with Capt. Jeff

We were hoping that the trip report for our second visit would be much different.
We are so happy we were able to meet Jeff. After speking though the board and on the phone we met up in Dallas just before our flight was boarding to Goldsen and I told Nancy "That's got to be him". What a character! He was first in line to board the plane and just couldn't wait to set foot back in Belize. Here are a few pics of our first and last fishing trip with Jeff, it may have been his last trip fishing in Belize as well. These are from the end of May this year we returned home in June waiting for Jeff to post his pics from our day on the water, he had some good ones but they never came, so here are a few, they will have to do for now.

I'm sure many will cherish their memories of time spent with him both on the water and as a freind, we certainly will. RIP Capt. Jeff
10 Comments
Thanks for sharing. Great memories with a great guy!! He is missed!!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
OP Offline
My heart has been broken, Nancy passed away June 29th. I just got her ashes and she wants them placed in the waters off Belize. Anyone ever had to deal with this, what are the rules?

Devastated now - Steve

So much water - so little time !!!
OP Offline
R.I.P.

So sad. I wish you well. Nancy's request is also mine.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
R
R
I don't know of any regulations for ashes, My mother's and my wife's ashes were both ceremoniously released into the waters of Belize...............Ash is basic and does no harm to the eco-system in such small amounts.......

Namiste/Have a blessed day
Condolences Steve, I see no reason to declare her ashes on entry if thats what your worried about. A simple container packed well in your carry-on or suit case. Then its just a matter of just finding the right time, place and peace of mind to fulfill her wishes.

On a personal note I think one's last wishes are one of the more sacred events to which we should commit (well, when reasonable as Nancy's obviously was). It's as much a matter of closure for us as it was for them. Both my mom and recently a dear friend, requested that I load a portion of their ashes onto the largest shell in the finale of my hometown 4th fireworks shows. When I met my friends family after the show they were all in tears, but I realised it was tears of happiness and release.

Make yourself and her memory happy Steve, just do it.

Firstly, so sorry for your loss. It is so endearing the hour Nancy wishes to be i. belize for eternity.

You should check with the airline as I seem to recall that mortal remains do require some special handling.

One can transport privately in carry on.

OP Offline
[Linked Image]
It was a beautiful and bittersweet thing this past Saturday. Nancy's wish has been fulfilled, and I know she is smiling with peace, happiness, and love.

Thank you Belize !!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 282 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.