Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Unfortunately the services available to older people countrywide are woefully inadequate and those that exist are under financed and under staffed.

In an attempt to address this issue, the NCA teamed up with FAVACA (Florida Association of Volunteer Action in the Caribbean & Americas) and Florida International University (FIU) in November 2006 to provide training in home health care to family members, volunteers and support workers concerned with care in the community and who would then pass on their knowledge as trainers .

Kama Lounge is holding a Halloween charity event to benefit HelpAge Belize.

AND JUST HOW LOUD TO YOU THINK THE MUCIC WILL BE? REMEMBER - THOSE OF US AT "AGE" GET NERVOUS WHEN THE DECIBLES GET TOO HIGH.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
One night I went to the movie theatre and with the movie blasting away I could still hear the Kama Lounge - I would absolutely HATE to be a neighbour forced to listen to that for half the night. Even inside your home, all closed up with tv blaring and a/c you would be bound to hear and feel that noise.

Regardless of whether the party is for charity there is no excuse for a any bar to produce such a din in a residential neighbourhood.

I choose not to attend any function that can't be a decent neighbour to those that are impacted by the sights, sounds or smells of the commercial venture.

P
P
It's ironic that they have chosen to call this flea pit "Kama" Lounge, as I am hard put to think of anywhere with worse Karma. It isn't just noisy and anti-social, it's downright nasty.

The music was so loud at 4:30 that I realized I couldn't stay the night. Unfortunately when the police have been called - in the past- they simply joined in.

If the music is so loud next door how is it on their grounds? I can't say 'inside' because there is no inside.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Kama Lounge hosts Halloween @ the Playboy Mansion costume party

Kama Lounge took advantage of the Halloween holiday and in the spirit of giving, hosted a "Halloween @The Playboy Mansion" costume party. This marks Kama's third fundraiser to benefit HelpAge Belize. HelpAge Belize provides service to the elderly in Belize City through a variety of activities, including but not limited to homecare, visiting of the sick, social activities, meal distribution, companionship and craft making to name a few.

Fifty percent of all proceeds from the bar went towards HelpAge Belize. The night was full of Bunnies, Hugh Hefners, fire blowing performances and pole dancers. According to co-owner, Alexandra Nicholson, HelpAge Belize is their charity of choice because, as she stated, "If you would go and visit them you would understand. It is very old. These are the elderly Belizeans who need assistance, clothing, food and so forth." Alexandra hopes to be able to donate at least $1,000 from this fundraiser.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Sun!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 269 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.