"My Life, My Dreams, My World"

By Maria Luisa Villarreal.

Opening:
Thursday, May 16th, 2013
6:30 pm

Entrance is FREE and open to the general public

Institute of Mexico
Belize City
(Corner of Newtown Barracks and Wilson Street)

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Art Exhibition Opens At The Institute of Mexico In Belize City

Today doors open at the Mexican Institute in Belize City to welcome the public to view the art work of contemporary artist, Maria Luisa Villarreal Sonora. Sonora is showcasing twenty three art pieces in an exhibit called "My life, my dreams, My World". The forty year old artist studied to be a biologist but from the age of seven discovered that she had a passion for the creative arts. Through this exhibit, Sonora found the middle grown, expressing her interest in the biology and the environment through one of the most interest painting techniques as explained by Press Officer at the Mexican Embassy, Marcelino Miranda.

MARCELINO MIRANDA

This artist has started her work since she was seven years old and she has an extensive experience in art; something that is interesting in this exhibition is her techniques; it's a technique not common in contemporary artists. The public will have an opportunity to enjoy and to look at this technique of her works. Most of her works are in pencil, in ink and you'll see that she doesn't work with lots of colors but something interesting in this technique is that we can feel the colors of the Mayan characters, the Mayan jungle and also we will see different characters of everyday life but also animals, plants that reflect her experience in the jungle in the Mayan peninsula, in the peninsula of Yucatan. I think that this is a wonderful opportunity for those people who want to present to their children to art especially to this technique. We're inviting families to bring the children, young people. This is an excellent opportunity for having a different activity, a cultural activity for the families and as I explained this exhibition is going to be opened at the Institute of Mexico in Belize City. There are more than twenty pieces. They, as I mentioned, represent a different part of everyday life and also about nature, about fauna and especially different landscape of the Yucatan Peninsula.

The exhibits closes on June 6 and the art works are on sale.

LOVEFM

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.