Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#78467 01/13/04 01:03 PM
OP Offline
I'm a little confused on the airports. When flying internationally, I've gathered that you fly into the airport titled Belize City. Does Tropic Air fly out of there and does Maya Island fly out of the municipal airport Belize City TZE? If so, how far is it between airports?

Everyone who replies to the messages on this board has been so helpful. THANKS!!

That's correct, you fly into BZE. Both Tropic and Maya fly in and out of BZE as well. I've only flown Tropic but it seems that either one will get you where you need to be. The in-flight service, however, leaves much to be desired.<G>

* I Go Pogo *
OP Offline
MJR - Thanks for the info. What do you mean about the service?

If you're going to the cayes then you're only in the plane for maybe 15 min. I think it was a joke.

BZE = Belize Int'l
TZA = Belize Municipal
Both Tropic & Maya fly to both.

OP Offline
THANK YOU Barbara K.!!!

J
J
luvphins if you have 2 people or more you are better off taking a taxi to the municipal airport, you get a bit of local color and a nice chat with the taxi driver and book your flite with tropic or maya who ever leaves sooner from muni and fly out of muni, the fare is much cheaper due to the cheaper landing and take off fees john in denver

Saves some money to fly out of muni to san pedro. however, give yourself some extra time. I found the muni schedule not to be very reliable.

If you're arriving at BZE, then taking a cab to Municipal really doesn't pay... Even though it's a little cheaper, you have to consider the cab fare.

Save time, aggrevation, etc and simply fly out of BZE... you'll be happy you did. And don't forget to have a Beliken at Jet's! eek

Flying out of municipal generally saves you money, even with the US$20 cab fare, if there are three traveling together and certainly it's worth it if there are four, as with four you save a total of about US$75 each way to San Pedro (or Caulker) even after the taxi. Flying to other destinations in Belize the savings are less at least in percentage terms.

When I fly out of municipal, I like to fly Maya Island, because Maya has a nice new air-conditioned and spacious terminal at the municipal airport, and also a new building at Placencia.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.