Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Trying to book flights from BC to AC. Once we get to BC how much time should we allow to get through customs to make our flight with Tropic Air or Maya Air? We Land at 1:51pm in BC and there is a 2:30 or 3:40 flight to AC...which should I go for? When we went to Mexico it took almost 3 hours to get through customs. Please respond ASAP...I need to get flights...thanks!! Oh....and yes, what's all the talk about these bilikins?? CM perhaps you can educate me?

It depends how many other flights are coming in. It's taken me about 10 minutes to get through customs when we were the only arrival, and about 30 minutes with other planes coming in. Sometimes bags are quick, sometimes yours is that last one put on the turnstyle. :rolleyes: The terminal is small, and you will get to the tropic air desk in a blink. It shouldn't take long at all. I've waited three hours in Mexico myself. It's NOTHING like that!!!
debbie

Shoe:

You could *probably* make either one, but who knows? Book the later one and, if you make it, they may be able to put you on the earlier flight. We ain't talkin' Miami International here, trust me. While you wait, you can find out what Belikins are at Jets Bar, down at the end of the waiting area.

It's the local brew, not available anywhere but Belize and a real treat for those of us who travel there. It's as much tradition as anything else (it's not a great beer...unless that's your opinion, then it's fantastic wink ). It's just nice to know you can get them because you have to be there to do it, I suppose. Drink one for all of us who aren't there with you!

* I Go Pogo *
The wait in line at Tropic has usually been longer than the wait for customs and immigration. We usually figure an hour total worst case. If you miss the Tropic flight, just catch the next one, your reservations mean you paid your money, and they will get you to AC pretty much in the order you check in.
Belikin is a good beer, trust me. Even if you tap one at Jet's, it tastes better out of an ice cold bottle on the beach than it does out of a plastic cup in a terminal.
52 hours and counting.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
and to make your life even easier, ask your hotel to book it for you...most will and add it to your account, no charge

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
D
D
just came back from ac last wed. customs is a 5 to 10 minute check threw--don't worry about the local flights even if you have a reservation they only put you on the plane in the order that you arrive at the desk...the first to the desk the first on the plane----example coming home i had a 11am flight out of san pedro to bze ,didn't get to the airport untill 12:15 and got on the next plane out.i think they went and added a ten seat plane for me.david

david l gauvain
OP Offline
Thanks everyone for being so helpful...hey David G. noticed that u stayed at the Costa maya reef. Like you we usually stayed at 5 star resorts. We're staying in a 1 bedroom villa with 2 kids...will it be tight? Amd was it a major inconvenience being so far away from town?

now don't count on this, but my last trip there, I cleared customs, picked up my Tropic ticket, passed through the magnetron and had my first Belikin at Jet's in 16 minutes from the time we were wheels on the ground

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
D
D
goody2shuz if you have any other questions ask or call me at 860-550-5000 its my cell(call sat or sunday from 9-3pm)i see you are staying at costa maya---its not the hilton!!!! you must be with interval?????????were did you stay in mexico????
were you in cancun???? is not the royal sands---
i travel alot,using interval exchange or getaways
this was disappointing.no real beach, kitchen--pots pans and dishes were few of. pool was small
lots of things to do away from the resort that cost alot of money.david

david l gauvain
OP Offline
Yes, David...we're with Interval and yes we did cancun at the Royal Mayan...not expecting that in Belize...Interval seems to only have 1-2 resorts in Belize and we just want to get there to experience all that everyone is talking about!! My main concern is being able to swim a little right at the place and relax and be able to comveniently experience what Belize has to offer. How were the food prices/drink prices there? We found cancun to be extremely affordable!!! Other places can charge $5 for a COKE like in Barbados...thanks for the info...I'll keep your # handy or try the board again if I come up with any other questions

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.