Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
America Hits High Gear in Time For Winter Travel
Flights to Antigua; Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic; and Managua, Nicaragua are among new routes on sale

ATLANTA, Nov. 17, 2005 (PRIMEZONE) -- In one of the largest one-month expansions in its history, Delta Air Lines this weekend will accelerate the pace of its growth into the Caribbean and Latin America with the inauguration of the first of seven hot new routes scheduled to begin within the next 30 days. New daily non-stop service between Atlanta -- and Punta Cana, Dominican Republic leads the expansion on Saturday, Nov. 19, with additional sizzling new service to six more destinations scheduled to begin by Dec. 18. Other new routes include:

-- Atlanta-Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (effective Dec. 1)

-- Atlanta-Barbados (effective Dec. 8)

-- Atlanta-Managua, Nicaragua (effective Dec. 15 (See note))

-- Atlanta-Puerto Vallarta, Mexico (effective Dec. 15)

-- Cincinnati-Los Cabos, Mexico (effective Dec. 17 (See note))

-- Atlanta-Antigua (effective Dec. 18)

Note: Subject to foreign government approval

In addition to these new routes, during November and December Delta also is increasing service to many of its other popular Latin America and Caribbean destinations:

-- Atlanta-St. Maarten (expanded to daily, effective Nov. 19)

-- Atlanta-Mexico City, Mexico (third daily flight, effective Dec. 1 (See note))

-- Cincinnati-Montego Bay, Jamaica (expanded to five times per week, effective Dec. 1)

-- Atlanta-St. Lucia (expanded to daily, effective Dec. 1)

-- Atlanta-Belize (expanded to daily, effective Dec. 15)

-- Atlanta-Santiago, Chile (second flight three times per week, effective Dec. 15)

Note: Subject to foreign government approval

To highlight these great locations, for a limited time Delta is offering special low air fares to each of these destinations.

Sample one-way sale air fares (based on a round-trip purchase) Atlanta to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic $149 Atlanta to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic $129 Atlanta to Barbados $180 Atlanta to Managua, Nicaragua $162 Atlanta to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico $206 Cincinnati to Los Cabos, Mexico $251 Atlanta to Antigua $158 Atlanta to St. Maarten $229 Atlanta to Mexico City $176 Cincinnati to Montego Bay, Jamaica $154 Atlanta to St. Lucia $242 Atlanta to Belize $192 Atlanta to Santiago, Chile $347

Just checked this out. Some great deals if done before thend of Spring 2006. Thanks Simon!

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
W
W
Wow, haven't read the onion in years.
Happy to see it hasn't lost that sick and twisted slant. :-)

But, be really careful. Yesterday, one of their attorneys, Jack Dahleger (sp?), said this on NPR's Morning Edition:

"If we don't get our costs down to a level that they match our revenue, then the future is bleak."

I dunno, maybe it's just me. But I run a couple of businesses (successfully, so far) and just making costs match revenues don't exactly, say, feed the kitty. wink

* I Go Pogo *
Well, if Delta stays in business for a bit longer I can take advantage of frequent flyer miles just given to me by a friend who says he's through flying (he just retired). I have a free trip somewhere in the caribbean or Central America! Wooooo Hooooo! laugh

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
L
L
Wooo Hooooo is right. Just booked my "free trip" to AC for August. Cannot believe that AA Advantage awards are booking that far out.

Found that if you can not get your free ticket when you call in, call again in a few days, early in the day if you can. Have also found that the phone is better then the internet for Frequent Flyer awards. The agents seem to be able to look at more variations, such as partners, alternative dates and such. I have had this work even last minute.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
B
B
LOL doesn't that just figure! I have 400-500K Delta miles but had to book with AA since Delta's Saturday only schedule didn't work for our group!

Oh well if AC lives up to its' rep on here I'm sure I'll be back�

10 days and counting�

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.