Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
We'd planned on bringing some books down for the library, as well as some clothing for the school (we'd read previously that socks and underwear were in demand). Do we need a customs exempt form for these items?

Explain to the customs inspector upon your arrival at the airport your intentions for the items. There is no form so to speak that I know of. Sometimes where you want to donate the items can send you a letter ahead of time to verify your intentions. 99% of the time no problems or duty to pay, or a very small amount. Most of it depends on you attitude when dealing with the Customs people.

S
S
Thanks so much for bringing books. We need them. Generally, books are exempt from customs. It is other supplies that get us into to trouble. If you want to send us your fax number, we can suuply a letter if you would be more comfortable. Just email it directly to the library at sptlibrary @hotmail.com. And, again, thank you

I just brought down a stack of books for the library. On the form provided I listed them as such. The customs fellow did not charge me anything for them. (but I was prepared to pay if they did).

He: "These are staying at the library?"
Me: "Yes Sir".
He: ...thinks for a second...
He: "Go ahead".

LeeFranke, thanks a million for the pencils.

Much appreciated.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.