Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#249930 09/17/07 05:10 PM
B
bec Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I thouht I read somewhere that instead of flying to San Pedro and taking a water taxi to Costa Maya Reef resort, that you could just take a water taxi from Belize. Can anyone tell me if this is true or wishfull thinking?

Also, my husband and brother would like to play golf. Yes I know this is a sin with so much more that the island has to offer, but this is what they want to do. Someone wrote that they have to take a puddle jumper to the island where the golf course is. Is it possible just to take the water taxi?

Thanks in advance!

sun,sand,cerveca
S
S
Here's the schedule for the water taxi but you'll still have to take the island ferry up to Costa Maya the water taxi only runs in to town. The ride up to Costa Maya will be around 20 minutes depending on the number of stops so you'd be on the water for almost 2 hours before hitting the resort.

http://www.cayecaulkerwatertaxi.com/

The water taxi schedule would probably prevent an enjoyable day of golf at Caye Chapel.

B
bec Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Simon, I absolutly love you for answering all my questions! You will love me when I send you our shopping list! smile

sun,sand,cerveca
S
S
The Water Taxi experience is fun, but not for those who are in a hurry to "get there". You probably see the water route to the mainland anyhow on one of the many mainland exursions available on the island. Seeing how getting to your resort will be an all day event, you may want to just get the puddle jumper to the island.

I recently jumped on a boat full of Costa Maya guests going up to the mainland for Cave Tubing, The Zoo, Zip Lining and the ruins. The boat ride over to the mainland and up the Olde Belize River was tons of fun, my first time going under Haulover Creek Bridge. It was a much better route than going into the City. Everybody had a great time!

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Bec, take Tropic Air to the Island and then take the water taxi to your resort. The flight over will give you a much better vision of the Island from the air and save you a lot of time.
I'm an avid golfer and play the course at Caye Chapel when I go down. It's a little spendy but well worth the experience. They really take care of you and Caye Chapel is a beautiful place.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
I forgot to add that the flight to Caye Chapel is included in the price.......they use Maya Air

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Your Hubby may be pleased to know that there is a small flats near the Costa Maya that can be waded and holds lots of bone fish and and the odd large permit.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
B
bec Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks for all your replies. Can't wait for our trip.

sun,sand,cerveca
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Maya at the moment are offering very good deals for cash.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.