Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
Trying to get down to SP in early November. Flight I'm looking at right now gets into BZE at 4:45 PM. Tropic Air's last flight is 5:30.

Two questions:
1. Do you think I'd have enough time to make a connection to that last Tropic Air flight?
2. In everyone's experience, does Tropic add some later flights during busy season?

Thanks

yes, and ( as mentioned previously) I've ever only known ONE old fart to be left on the mainland ovenight.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
E
E
I resemble that remark.

P
P
If you pre-book onto the last flight with Tropic, they will most likely make sure you get out here that day even if your international flight arrives late. I arrived once after 7:30pm (the plane was scheduled to arrive before 5) and Tropic held back two aircraft to get everyone they knew about to AC, with their luggage. On another occasion I was booked onto the 5:30 flight from the Municipal airstrip, the last flight of the day, and they had one more passenger than they had seats for. Never mind, they put on another plane. They really do "go that extra mile".

Today I was due to meet someone coming over on the 9:30am Maya flight from the Municipal. He booked his seat yesterday and is a frequent flier with them (several times a week every week, all over the country), but when he arrived he was told they had cancelled the flight because he was the only passenger.

One reason why I choose to fly Tropic. But note that they MUST know you're coming, so you should pre-book your flight. If you just turn up late you may get lucky, but it's a lot less certain.

Early November is most certainly not busy season.

I had a similar experience with Tropic in March. I was scheduled on their last flight to SP and the AA was late from Dallas by 45 minutes. When I cleared customs a Tropic agent was waiting for me , asking everyone if they were Mr. Boyett. He took my bags and got me to their plane. What service, just make reservations!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.