Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I'll have to pay closer attention next time I'm in SLC...

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-29376377;_ylc=X3oDMTFxdDdsamIyBF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEX3MDMjcxOTQ4MQRzZWMDZnAtdG9kYXkEc2xrA2Jlc3Qtd29yc3QtYWlycG9ydHM-

America's Top Five Best Airports 2009
1. Salt Lake City (SLC)

2. Portland (PDX)

3. (Tie) Washington, D.C. (DCA)

3. (Tie) Minneapolis St. Paul (MSP)

5. (Tie) Los Angeles (LAX)

5. (Tie) San Diego (SAN)

5. (Tie) Tampa (TPA)

America's Top Five Worst Airports 2009
1. Newark (EWR)

2. Chicago (ORD)

3. Miami (MIA)

4. (Tie) Dallas Ft. Worth (DFW)

4. (Tie) New York (LGA)

4. (Tie) New York (JFK)

I'm voting for KC . . .when you leave the jetway into the terminal, you can see the front door 40 feet away and the bag claim is about fifty feet down the concourse. The food options aren't all that great but you are never there long enough for it to be an issue.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
E
E
HA! I was just gonna post, the best AP in the country is MCI, Kansas City. Get out of your car, walk maybe 35-40 feet to your gate. NUMBER ! !

T
T
Couldn't make the link work, so not sure the rationale for these ratings, but obviously small town USA airports were not in the running
We like our hometown airport because, well, it's handy, and the parking is FREE
DFW gets bad marks for various reasons, but the SKYLINK train that started in 2005 is now much improved and pax can transfer between terminals on average in five min
Much improved coverage of destinations by airlines too; unusual to have to stop/change on the east or west coast anymore

OP Offline
Texican, I was trying to make it a hyperlink but was unable... it should work though if you cut 'n paste.

Interesting the top "worst" airports are hubs for major airlines... seems the "worst" just offer more options... I hate running a far distance to catch a connecting flight but I do love more options! smile

Well, after my experience at DFW on 7/29-30 - have to put my money on DFW as one of the worst.

Never would have said that but, the way you now have to navigate from landing to immigration, to the wait for luggage to customs, to re-checking baggage to finding your way to going through security to you connecting destination - means you most likely will miss your ultimate destiation that day, unless you have more than 3 hour layover. This didn't used to be.

This lesson has reminded me, if I don't have a long layover, plan to stay over night at the connection point. Sad that it takes 2 days to get to somewhere within the same hemosphere. frown

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
P
P
I've flown into DFW six or eight times, and every time the aircraft has been redirected to a gate different from the one scheduled. On one occasion not even in the same terminal building. In other respects it didn't seem a bad place though.

Overall by far the worst airport I have ever experienced in any country is Miami, from every standpoint. I actually liked JFK on the two occasions I've been there, and I really like Charlotte. Worldwide my second-worst is Frankfurt in Germany.

Amen Peter. Miami is a total hole! American has to realize people avoid their entire airline because of Miami.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
I won't even consider Miami. Thanks for reminding me to continue to forget that airport.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
trying to avoid MIA in june, we went thru ATL. wow - it really SUCKED. immigration was a mess. then some old guy yelled at us at baggage claim for putting the rum in our bag in a non-designated area (what?) we will seriously rethink that one in the future.

we last did JFK in '06, and were just embarrassed that that was the first US place some foreign travelers saw (it was in great disrepair and kinda gross).

charlotte is still the best east coast layover, IMO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.