Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Some time ago I saw a site in the Internet with a complete bus schedule from Belize City to Benque Viejo del Carmen. It showed each single company and non-stop busses, Unfortunately I did not bookmark the page. Could anybody please help and send a link?
Thanks and :-)

Again another beautiful day in paradise - just smile and be happy :-)
M
M
Was it this site....
http://belizebus.wordpress.com/

There is another site called thebusschedule, or something like that, but the bus information for Belize is incomplete on that site.

I have found other sites with information copied from the BelizeBus site.

S
OP Offline
S
No, but thank you anyway - it's really silly that I didn't immediately save the site.

There was a list starting with the first bus of the day ending with the last one (that wrrive past midnight), information about the bus company, express or non-stop options and much more. I saw that there are now busses more or less every half hour from Belize to Benque and it looked as if several companies serve severeal time periods (National in the morning, Shaw and BBDC in the afternoon
:-)

Again another beautiful day in paradise - just smile and be happy :-)
M
M
The Amandala newspaper published a copy of the new schedules for the Western Zone that came into effect on 16 November 2009.

I haven't found it on line, but I have inserted a jpg image of the schedules into my site:
http://belizebus.wordpress.com/

Scroll down to
BELIZE BUS INFORMATION

Then down to
2. Western Zone - Belize City to Benque Viejo Del Carmen

It doesn't sound exactly like the schedule you saw, but it has been issued by the Dept. of Transport.

What is the current status with the Linea Dorada busses from Belize City to Flores or Tikal? Are they currently running? Any contact info? Still booked through the Kahn Store at the water taxi terminal? I have been on the Linea Dorada website but it is not extremely helpful. I have clients looking for an inexpensive way to Tikal (one way). Thanks!

M
M
Hi Barbara K.,

About a month or two ago, someone contacted me about the LD buses to Flores. She said that she had contacted LD by email (address obtained from the LD site) and was informed by email that LD no longer operated buses between Flores & Belize City.

However, the route still appears on LD sites, and I haven't heard from any other travellers that the buses are not operating.

I haven't contacted the agent yet. The agent I know in Belize City is Mundo Maya Travel in the Caye Caulker water taxi terminal. Email: [email protected]
They may have changed their name recently.

Also, last year Fuente del Norte began operating between Flores and Belize City, and I think San Juan still operate. Details on BelizeBus. And I've heard of a bus that departs BC at 3 am, but I haven't got any more details about that one.

Thanks. I am just going to forward that info to my clients. It is not something I could (or would) book for them anyway.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 354 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.