Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#388479 09/24/10 10:55 AM
OP Offline
I am scheduled to fly in on Tropic Air at 3:40 Saturday afternoon. I know my timing is terrible but I can hardly wait to get home. Is there any chance that Tropic could cancel and I would be standed on the mainland?

I have to leave here at 3:00 in the morning so really don't have much slack for making decissions.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
S
S
How big a gambler are you? Personally, I would not risk it, but let's see what others say...

You'll probably make it, but it's a bit of a crapshoot due to the potential of heavy rains and possibility of flooding. It's going to be a wet few days.

We've been in this situation a few times...Including 'Emily' years ago....We took the chance and got stuck on the mainland....It seemed like the worse thing at first; however, after a quick cab to the Princess hotel, a great dinner and a few drinks at the lounge...We got a good nights sleep and took the first flight over in the morning from the Municipal Airport....A new adventure and lots of fun...(we had our teenage children with us at the time) It worked out...We use to travel a lot and enjoy a few surprises, it's all in the attitude....

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
go for it. i certainly would. theres been several times i was about the only one coming INTO san pedro, everyone else going the other way evacuating. it always works out.

R
ron Offline
R
Latest track seems to show Mathew heading further south. But it could change again. How much a gambler are you.

OP Offline
Just a so-so gambler but I am homesick. I have been gone almost four months and flying on frequent flyer so I could come first class, miles so if I changed again it would likely be weeks more.

It's looking better for me for Saturday.

Harriette
do it.

make sure to call your intl carrier and make sure they aren't gonna woosie out from landing at intl

Hi Harriette, did you make it home safely?

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
OP Offline
Taylor reported that there were 3' waves breaking on the sea wall and that the roads were under 3' of water and could I please take a taxi to the bridge where she would meet me. By the time I landed, almost on time, (a little after 4:00 PM) the tide was down, the roads were just full of normal big mud puddles and the waves were no longer coming over the sea wall. I did taxi to the bridge and Kitty (my little dog) was very happy to see me. We only had ankle deep water to drive through getting home. I gave one of the northern care takes a ride in the taxi and to our place and paid him to carry the suit cases up stairs. Although it wasn't raining the sun was not shining either. We had a very pleasant evening; Taylor cooked lobster tails and Jasmine rice and fixed a nice salad.

IT IS SO GOOD TO BE HOME!

Harriette
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 149 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.