Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#416586 09/19/11 11:28 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Dear Savvy Traveler,

Depending on your budget - or lack thereof - what types of accommodations would you prefer to stay in when traveling abroad, particularly third world countries like Belize which are up-and-coming with little or no luxury properties? Moreover, what man-made or natural attractions would entice you to experience and explore what it has to offer as a destination? On another note, what role do Social Media sites like Facebook, TripAdvisor, Twitter and YouTube play after, before and during your vacation?

Last edited by Jo_WstBze; 09/19/11 11:36 AM.
J
J
My husband and I just got back from Belize and these were the things that we were looking for:

Hotel-Honestly, we weren't looking for luxury. We wanted an air conditioned room to sleep in and get relief from the heat. We also wanted the opportunity to meet new people. We ended up staying at Pedro's hotel and were very pleased because we got all of these things.

Activities-My husband is an avid fisherman and obviously he wanted the chance to grab a fish while we were there. For us, it was mainly the natural wonders of Belize that we wanted to experience versus "man made" ones.

Social Networks-Trip Advisor was very important for me doing research as to hotel, tours, and food. I read many reviews for all of these things and i found that it really helped me once we got to San Pedro. Facebook or Twitter wouldn't have.

Hope this helps with your questions!

C
C
Belize actually is not a 3rd world country, its a 2nd world country with many luxury properties and more being built.As a matter of fact places like Pedros on San Pedro are far outnumbered by high end luxury accomodations. Sad really as Pedros is a great place and affordable. The $200 a night places far outnumber the $20 a night places.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.