Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Tropic Ferry: A New Way to Travel From Belize International Airport to San Pedro

While sailing up north on the Rum Punch 2 a few days ago, I noticed a boat I've never seen before, the Tropic Ferry.

More investigation and I found out this: it is the newest way to travel to and from the International Airport outside of Belize City to Ambergris Caye. And they drop off customers all along the island. At your home or resort's dock

• When you arrive at the International Airport, you will be met by someone with a sign with your name on it. You will take a short 3-5 minute shuttle ride to a restaurant called The Oar House in Ladyville where you will board the boat on the river. The boats are 40 person water taxi type boats.
  • On the trip, you enjoy free refreshments and rum punch and a little music.
  • An hour and 15 minutes - 45 minutes later (depending on your location) you are dropped off on your dock.
  • The price is $75USD one way or $125USD round trip.

According to management, the boat is getting more and more popular with people that are staying far south (maybe at a private house) or farther north. It would also be useful if you are travelling with a larger pet.

They are going 1-2 times a day right now and 5 days a week but it is all reservation driven.

For more information about the boat, check out Tropic Ferry. And if you have already tried it out (it's been up and running since July 2011), let me know how the trip was. This is definitely something I am going to have to test out.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos on San Pedro Scoop

Great find! Thanks for showing us this.....

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
R
R
A friend of mine used Tropic Ferry yesterday and I'm waiting to hear how it worked out. He had his dog with him and he was headed back to the States.

If it worked out, I plan on using that method in May and probably on any trave to BZE when I take my dog.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
B
B
I'm curious to test it out myself. Like the idea of the Ladyville transfer...

BrusselSprout, taking the day off today?!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
She's volunteering at the offshore drilling referendum voting place today.

Sure wish I could vote NO!

Emily

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
So far so good.....I sent an e-mail this morning with some questions and they responded within the hour.....I'm confident we'll be using them in the future.

250.00 bz round trip, is it just me or is the price a tad on the high side, boat to Chet is only 120.00 bz round trip.

Reality..What a concept!
From what I understand this includes the meet-greet & transportation from Goldson to the Ferry......And don't forget the Rum Punch & water.....Plus direct delivery to your pier.....

well speaking just for myself, I really do not need a meet and greet, the cab ride down to the doc is prob around 10 dollars bz, rum and coke is retail about 5 bz, water 2 bz, still doesn't add up. JMHO but charging more then twice what it costs to get to Chet may be a sure way to go bust...

Reality..What a concept!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 146 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.