Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
jingles Offline OP
OP Offline
J
How much is a case of this wonderful Belikin (please excuse my spelling if this is wrong)? Can't wait to try it the way its raved about. Also, my drinks of choice include both tequila and vodka. I prefer name brands that are familiar to me. I've had one too many handovers on cheap subsitutes. Would rather spend some extra money than spend my days recovering from bad liquor. Can you buy this on the island? If so, how much? Can you bring liquor and non-perishable food items into the country? Looking forward to hearing what you have to say on this.

J
jingles Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Let me try asking this questions another way. More specifically, I was wondering if you can even buy vodka and tequila in San Pedro? It sounds like Rum is the only hard liquor mentioned on this board. Just drinking a margarita on the beach when its 80 degrees out really puts me in vacation mode. We just got over two feet of snow yesterday and are so ready for a tropical retreat. My husband and I live at over 11,000 feet so that is normal for this time of year. Spring time in the Rockies! Already counting the days for vacation and we are not going until December. It will just make it that much sweeter!

P
P
Jingles, you can buy Vodka and any other liquor there. I bought a 5th of Vodka at the big Pink Supermarket right in the middle of town. They had any type of liquor you could want as I remember. However, Rum is definitly the cheapest liquor to buy there, but when I got there I didn't like rum, but when I left, I loved it. Ha ha ha!!!
Punta Rebel Girl

Debbie, the Punta Girl
M
M
Hey Punta Girl! Did you see any Hagen Daz Ice Cream the Gelato type at the Supermarket?

P
P
Well, I am lactose intolerant and did not want to be all bloaty while in my bikini, so I did my best not to even look at ice cream. [Linked Image] Of course, Gelato would have been fine, but I just avoided the frozen section all together. I know they did have a few ice cream shops and I did have a little guy come around Seven Seas everyday with an ice cream cart. It was so hard not to give in.
Punta Rebel Girl

Debbie, the Punta Girl
M
M
Jingles..can't remember how much Belikin was by the case(we should,because we bought enough!).Had two cases delivered to the Seven Seas where we were staying,price included delivery by taxi, but would do it again in a heartbeat to have cold Belikin in the fridge when you arrive! After that, load up the empties on the golf cart and take them to the distributor for exchange. We found hard liquor to be (of course) much more expensive than at home,except for rum. We are taking it with us next trip,wrapped in bubble wrap and tee-shirts, or pack it in the carry-ons. Wanted to make some frozen rattlesnakes last time, but the ingredients were way too expensive(for us, anyway!).You won't have any problem taking it in..customs was a breeze. They do have hard liquor, but it costs $$$.

Mary and Scott
Finlandia is my Vodka - it is available at the duty free shop on your way out for $5 US.

Absolut is the topshelf Vodka available on San Pedro in a few locations @ $20 US/liter, I think. Also Stolychnoya sp is available?

Liquor is sold in many stores, grocery stores, and there is Travellers on middle street with a large selection.

Don't know about the tequila but it is there I am sure! I have had chilled white tequila that was delicious!
Belize it!

Belikin will be around $21USD per case at the depot just south of town. That includes the bottle deposit. The standard Belikin bottle however is about 10 oz. not 12. Distilled spirits are quite expensive (except for the local stuff), but just about everything is available.

Many good Mexican tequilas are available, but some are pricey by US standards.

In a pinch (a real pinch!) you can shove down the BZ vodka. Lerska brand is kinda o.k., the Czar is cheaper but generally requires a trip or two through the coffee filter to get out some of the dark "floaties". Avoid at all costs the BZ gin. Nastiest stuff ever made, anywhere. Blue Caracao (for those interested) is widely available on the island

Best advice is take an extra $100 bucks or so and buy the good stuff even if it is 2x US.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 335 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.