Next Thread
Print Thread
#38181 04/26/01 06:36 PM
E
Eva Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Hi all!
Wayne and I are in the process of planning our second trip to Belize :-) and we can't wait!!! We want to end up in AC for 4-5 days but also want to go to Placencia, Cayo District (Mountain Pine Ridge) and to Maruba Jungle Spa first. We'll have a little over two weeks to try and hit all spots. Anyone have any suggestions on the best route and while in the interior, how to get from place to place, fastest, funest, safest? Are these mutually exclusive? I know we can fly to Placencia and AC from Belize City, but let's say we want to go from Cayo to Maruba Jungle Spa or vice versa or from one of these places to Placencia ... Do I sound confused??? :-) I am, and I need a plan!! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
Eva

#38182 04/26/01 06:44 PM
Eva,
I will be traveling to Belize for the first time in a little over a week. I'm staying 7 nights on AC and then 2 nights at Maruba Spa. I know that the spa offers round trip transfers from Belize International Airport for $50 per person. Their shuttle makes 3 round trips each day. Maybe you'd benefit from renting a vehicle?

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
#38183 04/26/01 09:26 PM
E
Eva Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Dear Gela,
Have a fabulous time!!! We loved our first trip so much! That's why we're heading back.
[Linked Image] Thanks for the information on transport from Maruba to Belize City--I'm sure it will be of help to us.
Take care,
Eva

#38184 04/26/01 09:49 PM
With 10 days or so on the mainland, sounds like you would be well advised to rent a car. Though not cheap, a car rental can save you money because you don't have to pay for per-person transfers and the high cost of tours.

My favorite car renter in Belize is Budget, but Crystal, Thrify and Hertz also are good. If you feel like taking a small chance, several of the individual local car renters can be a good deal. Their cars tend to have high mileage but personal service and low costs can make up for it.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Guide to Mainland Belize

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.