Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#86819 05/26/04 06:02 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Hi,

My wife and I will be traveling to Belize City this coming Saturday 5-20-04 and catching a Tropic Air flight to Ambergris Caye early that afternoon. I hear that bags and people often get separated with Tropic Air. Do they usually get the bags to Ambergris Caye sometime that day and even more important is leaving. We are leaving at 0900 the following Saturday which will put us in the airport a little over two hours before our flight back to the states. Will Tropic Air respect that we need to have my bags with us since we am leaving the country. If there is a real chance we could not have our baggage when we try to leave does anyone have any suggestions? This is a real concern to me and I would like to know if it has happened to anyone, and if so, what did they do. If it happens will Tropic Air get the baggage to the person in the states?

Thanks,

Bob

Just returned last week and had no baggage problems. They are very good at making sure you have your bags with you for the return flight. Upon arrival at the island, we kept looking for the checked piece only to discover that it had arrived on the previous flight. Now that's service! cool Don't worry...all will be well.

My suggestion is RELAX, it will be fine!

Your bags MIGHT get to AC before you if your connect to the next flight out is close and be waiting for you when you get there!

Going home, your bags will go with you on the same flight! You will see your bags go on the plane, this is a very laid back operation...as you will see(and enjoy)!

That's my experience!

S
OP Offline
S
Hi All,

I appreciate the quick and informative responses. We are looking forward to our time in Belize.

My name really is not Bpb (typo), so I changed to ShutterbugBob (my ebay user ID).

Thanks,

SB

C
C
I remember leaving the Belize Int Airport and looking out the window of our Tropic air plane and seeing my bag sitting there on a bagage cart. Since I was right behind the pilot, I told him that that was my bag. He said no problem, it would be on the next flight. So we checked into our condo, my wife changed clothes, and we went down for a couple of drinks. It took us an hour and half to get back to the airport, but my bag was waiting for me when we got there. It's probably not a bad Idea to split some of you and your wife's clothes in two bags in case one gets lost, but it's more apt to be a problem with the big airline flying to Belize than with Tropic or Maya Island.

You're absolutely correct when you say it's more apt to be a problem with the larger airline rather than with tropic or maya. After many, many trips I now wear half of my clothes and pack the other half in a carryon... laugh

We had 8 pieces of luggage...3 fishing pole cases and a bag full of snorkel gear etc. Not one piece got separated & it was all waiting for us when we arrived at San Pedro Airport....Goody

when we arrived in belize city, there was room for us on a tropic air flight ready to leave almost immediately for AC...so they got us aboard and one of our bags was left behind. no problem...the next flight...15 minutes later brought our bag to us at the AC airport...we just sat and waited for it...it was a chance to soak up the heat and realize we were now on "AC time"!

don't worry about a thing...you will find everyone helpful and being a small operation...much less hassle than big airlines.

always travel with a few essentials in a carryon...just in case there are things you can't wait for.

When we got to BC last trip, we were missing one bag. Turns out some other tourist had grabbed it, cleared customs, and didn't realize the error until they were checking in at Tropic. Then they returned it to the baggage area, grabbed the right bag and headed out. We got our bag, 20 minutes late, and by the time we checked in at Tropic, we couldn't get on our flight and had to wait for the last flight. We have had a few bags in the past that had to wait for a later flight, but they were always delivered to the condo within a short time. Going back to the states, never a problem. I think the major issue is that so many people overpack. I've seen folks leaving the terminal at AC with a carryon and two BIG suitcases per person.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
My bags have bright colored soft twine attached to the handles, and a flag sticker here and there. I've even used survey tape from time to time. Now it doesn't matter that my bags look like someone elses. If someone picks up and walks off with my bags, it wasn't an accident. This marking also makes it extremely easy for me to spot my own bags as they come off the conveyor belt.

This has been working for me for years and all over the world. Give it a try . . .just don't use the same color as me. wink

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.