Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
aylee Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I am so happy I finally got my visa!!! It was issued on October 21 and valid for 3 months. But my vacation is January 14 to 21. I am even thinking of maybe extending my visit for a day or two. Is that okay? What should I do?

confused You don't need a visa to go to BZE from the states. You just need a passport, right??

You only need a passport...... aylee must be planning something else she isn't mentioning here... eek

A
aylee Offline OP
OP Offline
A
*blush*
hehe smile

I'm not a US citizen. I'm just a permanent resident. But if I really don't need a visa, then dang! I wish I can get my $60 back... I can add another tour to my itinerary with that. frown

from Iexplore/com:

Passport/Visa
Passport Required? Visa Required? Return Ticket Required?
British Yes No Yes
Australian Yes No Yes
Canadian Yes No Yes
USA Yes No Yes
OtherEU Yes No/1 Yes
Japanese Yes Yes/1 Yes

Passports
Passport valid for six months beyond the intended length of stay required by all.

Visas
Required by all except the following for stays of up to 30 days:
(a) nationals indicated in the chart above and nationals of their overseas territories (except 1. nationals of Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovak Republic and Slovenia who do need a visa);
(b) nationals of Commonwealth countries and nationals of their overseas territories (except nationals of Bangladesh, Cameroon, The Gambia, Ghana, India, Mozambique, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sierra Leone and Sri Lanka who do need a visa);
(c) nationals of Caribbean Community Member States (CARICOM), except nationals of Haiti who do need a visa;
(d) nationals of Chile, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Iceland, Mexico, Norway, Tunisia and Uruguay.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
A
aylee Offline OP
OP Offline
A
thank you klc... I believe I need a visa. I'm from the Philippines by the way. However, I might want to extend my stay and my visa is valid for 3 months only which is up to January 21... which is my original departure date. Do you think it's alright to extend? Or do I have to go to immigration before I can extend my stay?

Aylee, the $60 you paid was GOOD deal so since you got the Visa whether you needed it or not. Since you are planning on being here for 3 months it sounds like, you would have to pay $25 US every month to renew your passport to stay. With the VISA you will not have to I assume as you are granted entrance for 3 months. Double check.

Extent it backwards.... Arrive there on the 11th or 12th...

Us citizens need a visa - "but" it's automatically given to them on arrival, so for all intents and purposes, you dont' need to "apply" for a visa.
If you carry a US passport you will get a 30-day stamp in your passport when you come through the international airport. It's renewable.

For accurate immigration information it's best l to contact immigration officials in Belize - they are the ones who really know what is happening.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.