Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Today was Continental's day to publish its "weekend Specials" (buy today,fly Saturday, return Tuesday). The web site said "There are no specials this week" The oil market has been in freefall for a week. Oil was below $100 during the trading today. CAL was up 10% today closing just below $18. I'd have to guess the next plan will be to add $25 to check a bag and $15 to carry one on, and NO MORE MUFFINS
American still has some reasonable fares to CA/Mexico.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
Don, Don, Don....

Go look again. You were obviously looking at last week's (Holiday weekend) listings when there are never any Specials...(just like the last time you brought this up) smile

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
E
E
Don, I dont know where you get your market quotes from,, but oil is $108, never dropped below $100 in trading yesterday.

i saw on tv last night that gas prices are SOOO bad, poor P.Diddy videoed himself being forced to fly on a *GASP* "commercial plane"!!! he was so upset at the cost of flying his private jet from NY to LA ($200,000 r/t he says) that he had no choice but to fly first class on a REGULAR AIRLINE! oh, the poor guy! you should have seen him having to go thru TSA at LAX just like a COMMON PERSON!! how humiliating it must have been for him...

Don your email is stupid and makes no sense at all. Why do you insist on posting stuff you know nothing about?

Weren't you calling yourself the "ugly american tourist"? eek

Oh and check baggage fee announcement will go out tomorrow. Only for domestic travel and not implimented for elite folks... airline must be doing just fine!!

OP Offline
T.Q. Perhaps you are right. I'll stop emailing you. I'm still the Ugly American Tourist. (I'm a tourist, I'm American and definately old and ugly). Also, dumber than a box of rocks, it would seem and in need of a keeper who can direct me to the Belikins and light my Cuban cigar. Hope this makes sense.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
It just seems like you're a hater of the airlines... but I can understand that. Times are tough and it affects us all.

I apologize for my post, insulting yours. I just don't get how the airlines can not be hurting when they are laying off folks left and right AND they are loosing money... I don't get it.

It's all good though.

H
H
Just bought a round trip ticket with continental for less then $688 tax/fees included from lax-bze....
Dont think its too bad of a price though.

Originally Posted by Don Greife
Today was Continental's day to publish its "weekend Specials"Oil was below $100 during the trading today.

Let me just point out that the price of oil today doesn't effect the price the airline pays for it's fuel at all, unless the airline is renegotiating it's contract today.

Airlines purchase long term contracts for fuel at a set price. They guarantee to buy x gallons at y price for z years. The only price that matters is the price the day that the contract is renegotiated and the expectation of what that price will be throughout the contract. I don't know if Continental is currently renegotiating fuel contracts, but they may be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 322 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.