Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#335005 04/28/09 12:38 PM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
from the Chamber of Commerce.....

Steve Schulte announced that US Air is planning on dropping the number of flights from 3 to 1 per week. They are stationed out of Phoenix so anyone who travels from the western part of the US or knows people who do are encouraged to join a letter campaign to let US Air know of the potential market for Belize.

A similar letter campaign with West Jet out of Canada is also looking for people. West Jet is considering starting direct flights from Canada to Belize so it is important to let them know how many people would use the service.

Copa Airlines is looking for businesses that potentially can support direct flights between Guatemala and Belize and Panama and Belize that are not tourism based. Any businesses that support these flights please send a letter to Copa.

Contact Steve Schulte at [email protected] for more details on these letter writing campaigns to help make Belize an easier and less expensive destination.

The Grand opening of the new Tropic Air Terminal is scheduled for May 25, 2009. The building is almost complete, they are waiting on the big windows and the automatic doors.

Marty #335010 04/28/09 12:44 PM
US Air is now based in Phoenix, but its flights to Belize are from its hub in Charlotte. Most passengers on the Charlotte flights seem to be from the East Coast, not West.

--Lan Sluder

as usual, Lan is right - we just took usair phl-clt-bze.

S
S
Can someone post the email address so we can all respond to the same person or department at US Airways?

"Just another Day in Paradise"
I believe the intent of mentioning Phoenix w/USeless Air, was to attempt a servicabilty to West Coast market.

Correct me if I am wrong (I'm sure someone will wink , but did they not in past years, as well as DL, reduce service in the slow season?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
klcman #335091 04/29/09 08:33 AM
Yes, both Delta and USAir cuts back service in the low season. Right now I think USAir has nonstop flights from Charlotte on weekends only. Ditto Delta from Atlanta nonstop to BZE.

In general, both have cut back Belize service since it was first introduced. For example, Delta went to a one-class regional jet on most flights.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.