Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
OP Offline
G
My friend has adopted a dog and is having trouble getting it back to the states. If anyone is a Continental frequent flyer we can use the # & get her on the plane in cargo without being on the plane. We would pay any costs. Hopefully someone can help.

S
S
good luck Joe wish I could help

M
M
We just brought a dog down on Thursday. Dogs in the cabin can be cooked online - dogs going as cargo need reservations. Here are the U.S. numbers 800.575.3335 or 832.235.1541.

Last year I called Continental direct in Belize City and made the reservation. Here are the numbers: 0800.266.3822
501.822.1062. These are local numbers.

You need a certificate from a vet certifying that the dog is healthy (Saga can do the physical) and that it has its rabies shots, an appropriately sized crate with a food dish and water bottle attached. You then take the dog with you in their crate to the same counter you check in at in Belize City.

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by MARYMO
Dogs in the cabin can be cooked online

Yikes! eek

(assume you mean "booked"!) grin

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
Maybe cooking your dog online is like woking your dog?

Reality..What a concept!
Hi Joe,

can you be more specific as to what the problem is?? Getting a dog TO the states is very very easy, much easier than getting it from the states into Belize.

one more thing, all you do to get a dog to the states is visit a vet in Belize 48-72 hours before departure and make reservation with live animal desk with Coair. Show up at BZE airport then when you enter the states it's the easiest thing ever....just show the international health certificate and it takes less than 2 minutes. I've done it around 10 times.

S
S
In case anyone reading this post is traveling on American, please take a look at my comments from June. I don't know if this is still an issue, and I think forum members believed my comments were kind of dumb, but if this can prevent anyone from facing the same problem, I am happy to look dumb again.

//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/381822/1.html

G
OP Offline
G
Dog arrived last night to Illinois. Thanks to those who posted responses, and espcially those who helped getting her back. Joe

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.