Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#408895 05/29/11 04:10 PM
U
OP Offline
U
We noticed, since today, when you use the Belize Bank ATM at Wings with your Belize Bank Debit Card, Wings will charge you 3$ service fee.

Better a get a beer for 3$ from the china men and walk, to Ritchie, Island Supermarket or the Belize Bank and to your cash advance there.

Conquer the devils with a little thing called love!"
Private/standalone ATM's in stores usually do charge a fee. Buckfifty $US is low compared to some I've seen.

C
C
Some of then at home in Canada have a charge of $2.50, so $5 Belize.. Price of a cashless society..

When the power of love replaces the love of power, we will have peace on earth - Jimi Hendrix
We've found that our local Atlantic Bank ATM has just reduced its maximum allowable withdrawals to $500 BZE (from $1000 BZE).

This means that we would need twice as many withdrawals (= twice as many service charges from our Canadian bank).

We don't understand why Atlantic Bank no longer needs our business.

It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped
http://belizeanbeachbums.blogspot.com/
C
C2C
C2C
C
Originally Posted by sharyn and bob
This means that we would need twice as many withdrawals (= twice as many service charges from our Canadian bank).

We don't understand why Atlantic Bank no longer needs our business.

You're blaming Atlantic Bank for fees charged by your Canadian Bank? Get real.

NO, they are blaming Atlantic Bank for reducing the amount available to withdraw from $1000 to $500 causing twice the fees.
Plus, those are fees charged by the Atantic Bank for using their ATM and collected by the Canadian Bank.

Last edited by bywarren; 06/03/11 07:42 AM.
Only recently did we even get ATM's on the island. For all the years before an ATM opened people managed just fine.

Just to make myself clear, any bank has the right to charge a fee for services rendered. In this case the Atlantic Bank is advancing funds that they do not get back for a period of time and therefore have their funds tied up. Most banks do not charge an ATM fee for funds deposited and withdrawn from their bank. Services and conveniences many times come with a charge.

You are right you have to pay somebody to put money in the ATM.

I believe if someone has an account in Scotiabank in
Canada, there are no ATM fees to access funds at any Scotiabank worldwide.
I know when I use ATMs around the world, my local bank has affiliations with a number of other banking institutions that do not charge me a fee as long as I use one of them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.