Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#411932 07/16/11 01:30 PM
OP Offline
I will be bringing down some new parts for our golf cart next month. I plan on declaring them. I have the receipt with the cost. Will they use those figures are try to "invent" some of their own.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
R
ron Offline
R
When I've brought stuff they always just use the receipts. Add them up and tell me what it cost. Biggest problem is what something might be classified because that changes the percentage you pay, some stuff is 5% some 35% big difference. everything pays the GST and environment tax.

P
P
If it's produced somewhere other than where you bought it I've known them invent a "freight charge" between the two places and charge duty on that.

Against that, the last time I came in I brought and declared over US$1000 worth of stuff. They (very) briefly inspected it and just waved me through. Nothing to pay. There's no predicting what they'll do, which is perhaps deliberate.

C
C
RE; Freight Charge
I bring down twice a year all supplies to run my business here, I make sure my receipts never show shipping cost. If you had your golf cart parts mailed to you do not show shipping cost on receipt, or freighting cost. They will charge you 30% on that. Other than that at times I have been waived through with 400lbs of art supplies, at other times not. I have never in 10 yrs felt I was ripped of or treated unfairly. I do not however think I should have to pay duty on shipping within the U.S.or to the US from another country. so I omit it.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.