Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Hi, I'm looking for someone who's planning to ride his/her car down from the States through Mexico and Guatemala to Belize. I would need something to be carried to me and would love to communicate with a potential driver. Please be so kind and contact me via email at peterseller (at) rocketmail.com. Thank you!

Again another beautiful day in paradise - just smile and be happy :-)
C
C
driving via Guatemala from the U.S. to Belize is a little out of the way.

D
D
Originally Posted by Sunny Reef
Hi, I'm looking for someone who's planning to ride his/her car down from the States through Mexico and Guatemala to Belize. I would need something to be carried to me and would love to communicate with a potential driver. Please be so kind and contact me via email at peterseller (at) rocketmail.com. Thank you!

A gringo driving down fro the states through Mexico and Guatemala and carrying a package????

#NoBueno

DC

Would likely be even worse going the other way.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by cracked up
driving via Guatemala from the U.S. to Belize is a little out of the way.

Well, each time I was riding around Tuxtla Guttierez or San Christobal I saw a lot of cars carrying a second car and some of them I spottet again near the Western border some days later and they all say that it is more convenient for them. So maybe it's out of the way for you and your requirements? but not for others!

If you have to head towards Benque Viejo del Carmen I even suppose that there are ways shorter than all the way through Escarcega and Chetumal and I remember many times I had been stopped by Mexican police and had stops of more than one hour and been searched like a drugs dealer (maybe my car a 1984 Mercedes Benz Diesel was suspicious???) - on the way through Guatemala I have never been stopped.

Whenever I headed along the Pacific I felt the streets very much better, there was never a lot of traffic and the crossing of the border into Guatemala always very uncomplicated and quick and sometimes I even prefer the road through Tapachula, Guatemala City, Flores and take the Western border and to cross the Western border seemed always less complicated, with immigration and customs more friendly and things easy going and 5 minutes later I'll be home with my family.

There's a monthly truck coming to Belize from Texas and they usually come in through Guatemala and the Western border. Do you think they take this road because it is out of the way?

It's only out of the way as long as you limit yourself to your special limitations but a lot of people do not have those!

Originally Posted by Decompression

A gringo driving down fro the states through Mexico and Guatemala and carrying a package????
#NoBueno
DC

Once again a comment with very limited imagination. You quote and judge without knowing anything :-)

Can you imagine that I find a way to make the driver buy what I need so that he's completely save and will not have to take any risk and he'll be carrying this item to me and I'll even pay part of his gasoline - what's "no bueno" on this deal?

Last edited by Sunny Reef; 01/18/12 07:25 AM.

C
C
Actually, I have ridden motorcycles through mx and guate. road to bz from the western border of guate, though very beautiful, is not safe!! And it is out of the way.
There are ligitimate reasons to import throught Benque though.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by cracked up
....., is not safe!! And it is out of the way.

I doubt both of your statements. Why not safe? I never been to any place over there where I didn't feel safe. Yeah, there are parts in Guatemala City where you should not be out in the streets but would you go out for a walk in the Bronx? or parts of Washington, DC? Detroit, LA, and so many others? If you're out on the beach for a romantic date on a San Pedro beach you'll have a great chance of being robbed - same in Cancun, Chetumal or many other destinations so what's "not safe"? The world is not safe (but safe enough for me!) - EVERYWHERE - if I take necessary measurments.

If you ride from Tijuana to Benque Viejo del Carmen it is 4359 km through Mexico, Chetumal, Corozal. If you take the road through Mexico, Guatemala, Flores and Western border it is 4250km or 110km (3%) less than the road through Chetumal - so where is it "out of the way?" That's simply a wrong information!

What's in the package, dude?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

E
E
smile

Originally Posted by seashell
What's in the package, dude?

Yeah! Our chief investigator was just asking...

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.