Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#44962 10/19/01 09:54 AM
W
WillC Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thank you to all the AC veterans for the advice. One last question. There are a many posts about the beaches in AC. We're looking for something on the secluded side with a swimmable beach. Does it exist in AC, or is most of the swimming on the island from the docks.
Thanks again for the insight.
Cheers,
Will

#44963 10/19/01 10:16 AM
Hummmmm. Secluded AND swimmable. Probably out of luck. There's some quiet beaches way, way up north, but the swimming will be iffy at best. The lagoon side can be pretty secluded, but the croc's kinda take the fun out of swimming I've been told. Looks like it's off the dock and into the water.

#44964 10/19/01 11:17 AM
W
WillC Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Crocs, really? Clearly, I'm cluesless on this place. Does anyone know anything about Captain Morgans?
I guess my "one last question" topic wasn't entirely accurate. Thanks, again!

#44965 10/19/01 11:39 AM
KC Offline
Will -- Or you can swim in a pool! [Linked Image]

Have you looked around on the "Lodging" section of this website? That might help you. Do a search (upper right hand corner) on this bulletin board for any specific lodging if you want feedback. Captain Morgan's location is secluded, but it *is* a resort -- may be lots of other people there. They have a pretty nice beach area, but the ocean there is the same ocean as others on AC. The way I see it, one of the things that makes AC so awesome is the reef. And the reef is the reason AC doesn't have beaches like cancun. The marine life on the reef needs that sea grass to spawn and grow the baby marine life. Also, no big rolling waves because of the reef. Inside the reef is more like a lake than an ocean.

Don't worry about asking "one last question". Ask all you like. You will get more helpful responses if you are specific about your needs/wants.

Kathy //www.ambergriscaye.com/villadelsol/

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#44966 10/19/01 03:48 PM
C
cjd Offline
C
Yea there's crocks. Really big ones, but only on the lagoon side. Down by the Desalinization plant a couple miles south of town I saw some that were probably 10-12 feet long when I was there in May. I've read posts about dogs and cats missing shortly after being seen near the lagoon, but dont know of any human casualties. They probably wont bother you if you dont bother them. You wouldnt want to swim around the water plant anyway.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.