Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
SCRIVIC Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi All,

I need some suggestions on some restaurants that are fun and casual, but not pricey like Mambo's and Capricorn, and that won't mind a party of 17 coming for dinner and some drinks.

We will be staying at Ramon's and hopefully this place won't need a water taxi to get to. We are planning this dinner for November 9, 2001.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks, Tammy

Jambel's Jerk, up on the roof. Talk to Fitz the owner. You can order off of the menu, but he will probably give your party a 3 meal selection for around $20 each. If it is a nice night and it probably will be, you will have the stars as your canopy and the reef as your backdrop and you can look over the sides down onto the town square. It's just great up there and the food is darn good. With 17 people, you will practically be having a private party up there.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

KC Offline
Tammy,
I don't remember which day you are arriving, but if it is a few days before this planned dinner, why not just wait until you get there and see what you like? There are plenty of places within walking distance, I think. I have heard great things about a Chinese restaurant on the island, but I can't remember the name (others chime in here!) I don't remember if Estelles is open for dinner (I only had breakfast and lunch), but check it out. There is always Fidos (average food). Right across Front St. from Fidos is another place (and I can't remember the name) that my daughter said she had a great hamburger at. And, I do think that Jambel Jerk Pit will be great.

But, like I said, if you have a couple of days on the island before this date, just wait and see. It's not like the maitre'd will be upset that you didn't make reservations. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
SCR------,

The Chinese place would be the Jade Garden. One of our long time favorites. An EASY walk from Ramons, and they can certainly handle a party of 15-17. There's balcony dining (not too large), dining room dining, and upstairs dining. Besides by the time y'all get that big ol' mess of Oriental food and start sharing nobody will remember (or care) what they started with.

Jambels would be the other good suggestion, once again a very easy walk from Ramons and excellent food. Neither one will bust anybody's budget.

At the Jade Garden however, you can stumble down the stairs and out, across the street and few doors away find the bar at the Hideaway. What a hoot for the pre-wedding drink-fest. Besides after a bit y'all would be hungry again (i.e. oriental), and probably get the gals to whip up some biscuits and gravy.

CC

M
M
Tammy --

We ate at Jade Garden about twenty times and were never dissapointed. And the Jerk Pit is great fun with good Jamaican food, nice and casual. If you want more of a "Bar on the Beach" atmosphere, there's Big Daddy's.

But just come down, look around and try them out. You don't have to have it planned. That's one of the really great things about AC.

Have a blast.

Michael

S
SCRIVIC Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the suggestions. You are right, I will have time to scope out the scene as we will be arriving on November 4th. I guess I'm just getting the pre-wedding jitters and getting antsy to leave for our trip!

Tammy

Walk north on the beach to Estel's. She has the best fresh fish & chips and hamburgers on the island. Great drinks, people, music and view!

Mango's is just down the beach North of Ramon's. Small, but can handle a group. Excellent food and prices. Serves Cajun and Carribean.

T
T
Tammy:
You really should just relax and play things by ear when you get there. I tried to plan things out before, and none of those plans materialized. Just relax, sit back, and enjoy flying by the seat of your pants! Also, try not to be too concerned about your guests and doing things together the whole time. They'll have fun no matter what, so just let loose and don't try to keep everyone together the whole time. That was the best thing I did!! And everyone appreciated being able to do their own thing (i.e. my family went to the ruins, some people went diving, some just sat at the pool, etc.).....We just had one group activity planned (catamaran with Hustler - AWESOME!)
Best wishes!!! You'll have the time of your life. I can't wait to see your trip report and pictures!!!

S
SCRIVIC Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the advice! It's definitely coming along and I can't wait to leave!

We aren't planning on doing everything with our guests, with the exception of the ceremony and reception. I am sure our guests want to explore and vacation by themselves as we will be doing that.

But, it's good to hear restaurant picks, both good and bad.

I know we'll have a great time and all along, I didn't have to worry like other brides do when they have a traditional wedding! [Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 316 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.