Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
reneet Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I am having a hard time deciding which hotel.
Anyone have an opinion? We would like a nice hotel on the beach with ocean view. I have heard good things about all of these hotels. The Palms seems to be in a great location, close to town. Banana's and the Caribbean Village also look good.
We are in our 30's and like to meet new people and lounge on the beach during the day and go into town at night.
A pool would be nice but not necessary.
?????????????

B
B
I just got back last weekend from staying at Coral Bay Villas. Their location is great - away from the crowds, yet easy walking distance down the beach into town. In monitoring this board before taking this first trip to A.C., I noticed everyone concerned with whether there was a pool at their choice of lodging. I didn't think this was important since you were just feet from the ocean. However, as much as I loved our accommodations at Coral Bay (super assistance from Edwin and Linda) I think I would maybe stay at Banana Beach my next stay. Good accommodations, pool, bar next door, and I think you might have easier access to the water in front of Banana Beach.
You'll enjoy it regardless of where you stay.

B
B
We're just back from 10 days at Caribbean Villas. If you're looking for active and lively (we weren't) this would not be your place. No pool, no restaurant. Same thing for Coral Bay Villas which is next door to CV. We had a 1BR suite which is really a bedroom with a small sitting room and a small kitchen. Big bathroom. The bird sanctuary is great, the long dock with the hammock at the end is very cool and relaxing. Nice beach which is groomed every morning by a hard-working fellow named Javier. CV is a short walk to the beach bars and restaurants in town but beware! Take a small flashlight with you as there is construction just north of CV and CBV and it is very DARK in that area at night. With the construction materials on the beach (and often-departing ganja smokers) a small light source can be very comforting.

L
L
The Palms is close to town and has beautiful rooms. More like apartments. They also have a nice pool in the rear of the building that is nice and private.
Banana beach is also really nice, and is built in a square with a nice pool in the middle. Also right across the road from Banana's is a small convenience store. We send people there a lot and have yet to have anything but nice comments as feedback.
The Palms and Banana's both have kitchens so you can cook if you choose.
A pool is nice to have here. You can swim off the beaches but because of the sea grass and boat traffic you need to be careful.

[This message has been edited by ljacks (edited 04-30-2002).]

I highly recommend Sunbreeze. Close enough to town, yet quiet. They have a pool, bicycles to rent, cable tv, telephone, A/C, hot water, perfect service and a great staff. We've been staying there since 1994 & wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else, unless they had no rooms left. The restuarant is on the expensive side but handy. There are many good eating places nearby. You won't be sorry. It's just across the street from Tropic terminal. It's also on the beach. There is a dive shop on site, but we prefer Rudy at Bottom Time Divers, just a short distance north, near the Holiday Hotel and Celi's Restaurant.

[This message has been edited by DallasDiver (edited 04-30-2002).]

DallasDiver, I must say I'm surprised! You have been going to San Pedro since 1994 and have never been to the Blue Hole?

Haven't you ever discussed it with the boys at Bottom Time?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.