Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
OP Offline
G
Hi, I'm making my first trip with a friend this month, and I'm getting really excited!!! We're staying at the Sunbreeze, and I wondered if anyone had any recent info on the hotel. As a nondiver, (for now) I am hoping to snorkel at the Blue Hole, is this done?
Thanks for any info [Linked Image]

D
D
No, you only dive at the Blue Hole.

For snorkelling you can go to Hol Chan Marine Reserve.

Hi, trina I would suggest the Orange Walk area. There is a lot to offer there. In particular there is the Lamanai Outpost lodge that offers exactly what you're looking for. You can contact me if you need more info at [email protected]
Yes you can go to the Blue Hole as a snorkler. I have done this several times. Snorkling the rim is amazing!

T
T
Hi Wendy

We just returned from AC 2 weeks ago. We wanted to snorkel the Blue Hole but could not find anyone running a trip. Who did you use???

Steve

B
B
We take snorkelers to the Blue Hole on both our overnight and day trips. Each requires a minimum of 8 guests for the trip to go.
www.barefootwatersports.net

L
L
The Blue Hole is a snorkel site as well as a dive site. the rim of the Blue Hole cam be snorkeled.
Many that go to the Blue Hole elect to snorkel the Blue Hole because they do not want to dive deep. They then dive the remaing sites .. the best in the country ... at least I think so.
Make sure the company you select has a snorkel guide for you, that will be in the water with you.

[This message has been edited by ljacks (edited 06-17-2002).]

If a dive boat is going out to the Blue Hole, they will take snorkelers also. I have been out to the Blue Hole 3 times and there were always snorkelers there; either on the Amigo's boat with us or on other boats that were out that day.

It is a pretty long trip though when the snorkeling at Hol Chan or Mexico Rocks s very nice.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

N
N
We stayed at the Sunbreeze in April and would definitely stay there again. It's in a very convenient location. You can walk there from the airstrip and to anywhere in town.
They have beach towels available to the guests (just make sure you return them or there's a fee)and a safe available at the front desk.
The staff is friendly, and make sure you introduce yourselves to the manager Julia, who is wonderful!
Rubies is right around the corner(beachside) for morning coffee and fry jacks and buns. BC's Beach Bar is right next door!!!!!!The pool is great and the bar has happy hour every day. The restaurant (Blue Water Grill) that is on the property is a bit expensive but we ate there for dinner one night and the food was excellent. Enjoy!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 309 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.