Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
OP Offline
G
I wouldn't want to miss out on any of the valuable info you guys post out here! Can you tell I'm getting excited? Leave tomorrow [Linked Image]

OH sure.....you are going to be thinking of US while you are enjoying Ambergris, never happen, if it does We will worry about you.

At least two internet cafes, one to the south of Sunbreeze, and one to the north in town, close to Fido's.

Dare To Deviate
Grldogjeep, WOW..what a name!!!If you are gonna be in AC Mon(July 1 ) the party is at Fido's for all boardmembers ( & anyone else)
at 8 pm......................John

John
Note that the Internet place next to El Patio has a membership thing, believe the cost is US$20, which may make sense for anyone planning to use the Internet more than a time or two.

Also, Banana Beach is opening an Internet place, with a high-speed connection, mainly I think for the use of its guests, although it will be located in a small separate building at the front of the resort. Not sure when it will be ready.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
KC Offline
High speed internet? <kathy's ears perking up>

Are they getting this through Houston Media Systems? I REALLY want high speed internet service, but I can only get sporadic responses from HMS.

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Also a place in town down near Fidos and the homemade ice cream shop, not that I like food or anything! I think it is the coconet cafe. $5 US for a half hour last I remember, but I drank a few belikins that trip

Kathy,

Just as a general comment, rather than specifically about Banana Beach, I've seen recently that more and more hotels in Belize are going with one of the satellite services. For example, Kanantik, which is stuck out in the middle of nowhere between Hopkins and Placencia, offers free Internet access to guests on a computer in its lobby, via Starband. Seems to work okay, though the main speed advantage is for downloads. A U.S. address is required, but that's rarely a problem. By next year, especially post-BTL, I think to be competitive many of the major hotels and resorts in Belize will be offering some kind of satellite Internet access for their guests, not to mention for their own use.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
S
S
...there are a NUMBER of folks on AC having pretty great luck w/ Starband (except in really cloudy weather.) -definitely not having the same signal problems that folks with Directv are experiencing right now. Though I DOUBT Starband is going out of business, the Co has filed for bankruptcy protection (due to problems with Dish Networks who they were associated with) ...they say it's just "re-structuring". Another option for sat. net access is Directway (www.directpc.com) -seem to remember seeing a few boxes being unloaded at Tropic with Directway dishes a few weeks ago...

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.