Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#67602 04/30/03 09:52 AM
S
stacie Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Just wondering if anyone would recommend staying at Ruby's in San Pedro or if you could tell me anything more about the place.

Also, my friend and I are going to be there in late May and want to scuba dive, but are thinking about the intermediate Scuba Diver course--40ft max and need to dive with an instructor--so that we save some money and not have our vacation tied up for 4 days. Any ideas on this plan or what dive company to use?

Thanks!!

Stacie cool

#67603 04/30/03 09:55 AM
M
M
Hi! Sylvin Forman at Bottom Time is a wonderful choice. Been in the business for years.

#67604 04/30/03 10:46 AM
Stacy,

I just returned from Ambergris Caye and am so excited to go back. Have you ever dived before? I hadn't and got to know tons of people there before doing it as I did it one of my last days. I stayed at Ruby's 2 nights and then moved to Spindrifts down the street... I recommend it MUCH MORE, and if you prefer, you do not have to book it before you go, especially this time of yr. none of them book up completely in that price range. I just booked one night at Ruby's and then stayed the second night and HAD to move... Especially if you share w/ someone. Spindrifts is $45 including all taxes for a reg room, bath/bathroom, I even had a view of the water(I was not on the water but the hotel is). I REALLY feel it is important who you dive with, moreso than any other guides you do. Ruby's(serious adventure) I recommend for the cave tubbing trip. DIVING I really recommend you to go to Amigo Del Mar's(5 min down beach from Ruby's) and dive with EDDIE!!!!! He is patient, fun, wonderful, and knowledgeable, I felt very safe and comfortable with him(and Alberto the other instructor). And all the dive prices are the same at each shop. If you go with them, please tell Eddie the girl who traveled alone from Vegas who learned to Scuba with him says hello! Goodluck, I wish I was going too!
KE

#67605 04/30/03 10:50 AM
Dear Stacy, if you want me to email you or call you to tell you about the entire trip(I traveled alone and am in my 20's) I am happy to email you or call you. It is AMAZING and I did the cave tubbing, snorkling, scuba diving, Mayan Ruins, Caye Caulker half day trip...
KE

#67606 04/30/03 10:55 AM
OH!! I forgot, I would definately go back to Spindrifts and am also considering my net trip staying at Corona del Mar...it is a little further than Spindrifts and Ruby's...they are CENTER of the town. Corona del Mar is 10 min walk on the beach and still excellent location, but in a little less hastle and nice part of the island. It too, is $45/ night. I would book only one night at Ruby's or Spindrifts and then walk around the day you get there to decide the next nights.
KE

#67607 04/30/03 10:57 AM
S
stacie Offline OP
OP Offline
S
ke,

Please e-mail me any details. My e-mail is [email protected]. Why didn't you like Ruby's? I have a male friend who stayed there in November and he thought it was simple, but fine.

#67608 04/30/03 09:01 PM
Hi Stacie;
Betty and I stayed at Rubie's for two weeks in February and really enjoyed it. We were in the end room on third floor at $30.00 a night and had queen bed, bath, shower and a great view of the reef, right on the beach. It's located right on the south edge of town close to everything but not too noisy. The rooms are basic but clean and the people are wonderful, especially Wendy. They also have rooms with shared bath at about $15.00 a night, maybe this is what
KE was referring to.
The Forman's dive shop (Coral Beach) is just a few steps up the beach and are highly recommended.
Try it out and enjoy Belize. cool
Wish we were back. wink

#67609 04/30/03 10:12 PM
M
M
I think Alan Forman retired from Coral Beach. Sylvin Forman is at Bottomtime.

#67610 05/01/03 07:57 AM
G
G
Alan Sr. is 'retired' but his sons/nephews, etc. still run/work the Coral Beach Dive Shop. And Sr. is still there bright and early every morning. They will take care of you whether it's diving around AC, an overnight on the Offshore Express II to the Blue Hole or snorkeling.

#67611 05/01/03 07:58 AM
Allan didn't fully retire, Marie, we went snorkeling with Clive and crew from the Coral Beach Dive Shop in late February. They also have the big boat for overnight dives.
Enjoy;
Dan'l

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 276 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.