Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#68974 05/26/03 05:20 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I have a question about Ambergris Caye power outages. While I am mildly concerned about not having power for my blow dryer and air conditioning. smile I am concerned about what restaurants and stores do regarding food refrigeration? Do all restaurants and food stores have backup generators? I know an hour or two may be no big deal, but some people have been posting outages of up to 8 hours. Just curious. TIA

#68975 05/26/03 08:49 PM
I can only speak from my experience which may not be that helpful. All three power outages which occured during my stay were at night. One occurred near the end of dinner hour (around 7:30-8 pm) and the other occurred late at night and didn't resume until noon the next day thus affecting breakfast. All I can say is even with the power outages they were still able to cook (gas stoves). They are just more conservative with water b/c when the power goes so does the water. But everything on the menus was still available. I am not sure how they preserve meat and that kind of thing - better left answered by someone with more experience. By the way I quite using my hair dryer and curling iron after the second day and resorted to a headband and clips! B/c I was in the water so much, it was pointless to do my hair and in the evening the humidity made my hair do whatever it wanted anyway! I was much happier that way! Just don't forget to pack a flashlight!!!!!

#68976 05/26/03 09:29 PM
It may sound simple but 8 hours with out power is just not a big problem. You just try not to open the frig to often. Most things just don't spoil unless they get warm and stay that way for a while.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.