Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#69796 06/15/03 12:50 PM
L
lauried Offline OP
OP Offline
L
well we are back to reality! ambergris caye is a beautiful place. but man is it windy! we stayed at the blue tang inn, very nice and quiet. our room was gorgeous. top floor #10. I highly recommend it. (funny though, I just got an email about my bill, seems we owe more money). I dont think so... but we will see. they had a nice little pool too. very little. anyway to the diving. we had a 5 day,2 tank diving package w/free night dive. didnt get to do the night dive. too windy. went outside the reef only once and did a 2 tank dive, because it was too windy. the first dive was great, saw lots of sharks and groupers, big... it was just me, my husband and the divemaster, Everett. he was great, dove with him all week (Hustlers).
one day we went to hol chan and did shark ray alley. then we did it again later on in the week because that was the only place they were going. they werent very good dives because it was sooo windy, so the water was pretty turned up. then we did the Turnefffe Trip. Beautiful... 3 tanks, and lunch on the beach. great food. we also took a day trip out to Goff's Caye and did 2 tanks. beautiful too. another great lunch on the beach. if anyone is going soon, be sure to take something along if you get sea sick, its pretty rough out there. some people didnt get to dive because they were too sick. they should have taken a pill! San Pedro is an interesting place. our hotel was just a short walk from everything. we ate at bc bbq, cannibals, caliente, capricorns, cocina caramba, estels, fido's,jambel jerk pit, wet willy's for breakfast, mickeys, and a couple of other places I cant remember. everything was great! jambel jerk's was too hot for me. its probably the only place I didnt think was to great. The escargot at capicorns was wonderful! and the stuffed grouper was to die for! Cocina Caramba coconut sauce w/shimp or grouper was also very good. we went to Fido's several nights, they had barefoot skinny and that other guy another night (I cant think of his name). some lady sung one night with the band. I think her and her husband were some big wigs on the island. rented a golf cart one day, went over to capt morgans, and were going to eat at Sweet basils, but they are closed on Mondays! lucky we made it back to hotel, are golf cart was junk! so we had to cut our adventure short! we did the jungle tour on the little boats. it was fun... saw the backside of the island. went to do some parasailing. but they were done for the day, they had a crisis, some local tried to kill/drown herself under their dock. man what a way to go! 2nd day we were there, my husband met the beer delivery guy delivering beer to wet willy's bar, he asked them how much for a case. we ended up paying .80 a bottle. and they delivered it to our room and put it in the frig! what a deal! I sure would like to know if this wind is normal for june? was it?

#69797 06/15/03 06:14 PM
K
K
Hi Lauried! Just got back myself and just ou of curiosity...can you give me a description of the singing woman and her husband? I THINK I may know who they were. I agree...very windy.

#69798 06/15/03 06:17 PM
K
K
Also, I was there from May31st-Ju7th. I'm thinking of going down next year a week later. Can you tell me how the weather was?

#69799 06/16/03 11:24 AM
You are not Kidding! I was there May 31 thru June 9. I have NEVER seen wind like that. In fact, I only did 6 of the 11 dives I had planned. It was too windy, rough, and surgy outside the reef. Because of that, I spent a lot of time at Cannibals, Fido, and the food ladies in the huts by the park on Front Street. Such good food!

#69800 06/16/03 07:55 PM
Hi Lauried! My wife and I are leaving Sunday for Belize. We will spend a few nights at Jaguar Paw and then we will be staying in the same room that you stayed in at the Blue Tang Inn. Hopefully it will not be as windy. We are not divers but do enjoy snorkeling. Did you get water and stuff delivered to you room or was the market close enough? Any tips that you can give us would be greatly appreciated.

#69801 06/16/03 08:53 PM
L
lauried Offline OP
OP Offline
L
you will love the room, it was perfect. just remember if you want to use the jacuzzi, it takes a while to fill up... but we never ran out of hot water! they have little water cooler on each floor (its not cold though) and there is a big pitcher in the cabinet in the room, we filled it with water and kept it in the frig. so we always had cold water. the sun will shine in your eyes every morning, so be prepared to get up early, you wont be sleeping in! and man is that pool small! but it was always cool (not real warm like you would think it would be). you can also get beach towels at the desk, so don't bring any. and they smell really good. even the towels in the bathroom smell good, and they are big too. I sure would like to know what kind of fabric softener they use! its just a short walk on the beach to food, drinks, shopping and stuff to do. you will love it. hopefully the wind wont be as bad!

#69802 06/16/03 08:59 PM
L
lauried Offline OP
OP Offline
L
austink -
the woman singing at fido's had medium length hair, kind of sandy blonde/brown. I think she had kind of a long skirt on (maybe)she had a raspy voice. probably in her 50's, the man she was with was 50ish? tall, older good looking, both of them were very tan. why were you there? she was pretty good...

#69803 06/16/03 09:01 PM
L
lauried Offline OP
OP Offline
L
oops sorry, not austink but to KathyA, about the lady singer at fidos!

#69804 06/16/03 09:06 PM
L
lauried Offline OP
OP Offline
L
crazy dave,
there are 2 supermarkets right behind the blue tang inn. everything is within walking distance. if you rent their golf cart, make sure it is fully charged! it wasnt for us... they are great people at the blue tang inn. our bill is really screwed up, so I hope we get it worked out, we would really like to stay there again!

#69805 06/17/03 12:12 AM
K
K
I'm just being curious. My group rented a beautiful villa. Upon arrival we found out the villa belonged to the lead singer of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and his wife. I've talked to her many times but have never seen her. The cook/housekeeper at the villa said they were coming in the week after we left. Malcolm at Fidos said that Bobby Mason had long hair. They would definitely be in their 50s. Just curious if these were the people that you saw.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 148 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.