Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
OP Offline
D
This forum has been such a wealth of knowledge and I'm hoping everyone can provide a little input to my situation!!

My fiance and I are planning on getting married in AC in late April. We have 10 friends traveling with us who all enjoy multiple activities(7 divers, 5 fisherman, 4 avid sunbathers, 5 snorkelers. We'd also like to be able to snorkle from a pier/beach when we get back from day trips.

We would like to stay someplace moderately priced and laid back but still close enough to walk to town and enjoy a little nightlife.

We definately don't want a "Cancun-carnival/resort-like" atmosphere but don't want to be so remote that it's a major hike into town (although we don't mind a little walk...we don't want to stay right in the center of town). We don't want an upscale resort or too basic of a place.

OK...to summarize..we need 1)to get married, 2) diving, 3)walking distance to town 4)mid-priced 5)swimming near the hotel (if possible)

We're considering: Ramons, Sunbreeze, Corona del Mar.

They each seem to have their fans on this site. Any input would be GREATLY appreciated. I want to ensure everyone we bring has a great time!

Thank you, thank you, thank you in advance!!!

T
T
Sunbreeze has sushi

S
S
Recommend you also check Caribbean Villas Hotel - they fit all the criteria you listed, including swimming and snorkeling at the end of their long pier. They built an artificial reef under the sundeck that has quite a bit of wildlife. 15-ish minute beachwalk to town, quiet, free bikes, hot tubs, hammocks, large beach, wonderful staff. They have various sizes of suites and rooms that could be used in some combination for your party. Ask for discount from their posted rates if you book directly with them. Have a fun trip!

Mata Rocks or Blue Tang

Yes! Caribbean Villas fits your needs perfectly:

1)to get married, They've been known to help arrange a wedding or three. 2) diving, they can help. 3)walking distance to town, certainly, just about 10 minutes. 4)mid-priced, I think they fit the bill here too. 5)swimming near the hotel (if possible)..so long as you don't need a freshwater pool, no problemo, there is good snorkeling around their pier.

The only ever so slight caution: Wil and Susan have the property for sale. I think it will probably sell soon as it is valued incredibly reasonably especially when compared to other beachfront hotel properties for sale on the island. Caribbean Villas in its present form is all about the soul of Wil and Susan....new owners will probably want to get their money working quickly and no doubt development will happen quickly if it sells.

G
G
Hi DD,
Congrats on your upcoming marriage. regarding your query on the three hotels, Ramon's would best meet your needs, followed by Corona del Mar, and then Sunbreeze.
1)to get married - can be done anywhere on A.C.
2) diving - Dive shop on site at Ramon's and Sunbreeze,Woody's can arrange tours for you. Dive/hotel packages available from Ramon's or Sunbreeze/Aquadives.
3)walking distance to town - Ramon's and Sunbreeze are at the southern edge of town, thus closer than Corona del Mar.
4)mid-priced - Ramon's oceanfront run about $200.00 with tax. Woodys has a variety of prices with the suite ocsting about 170.00 with taxes/SC. Sunbreeze standard rooms are $146.00 per night, tax/sc incl.
5)swimming near the hotel - Ramon's and Woody's have swimming areas off their docks. Ramon's created an fish habitat under the dock so fishes congregate there.
Hope this helps.

IRM Offline
I'll put a plug in for Ramons. We stayed there in March and are heading back in two weeks. All of the cabanas are in a jungle like setting, giving a sense of remoteness even though it's at the edge of town. We're paying about $170 per night (booked through Alvin at www.belizetravelcentral.com ) the beach cabanas on the none seawall side are great and right on the beach. Check out the pics at my web site. Have fun.

Chris - Hasn't Caribbean Villas been for sale for years - just like many of the other hotels on the island? What makes you think it will sell quickly? Not trying to pick a fight...just curious...

Barbara;

Caribbean Villas hasn't been on the market very long at all...a few months or a year at most. People on the island who know a little about property values agree that it's a bargain. If I had the money I'd buy it over any other resorts for sale here on Ambergris Caye.

Thanks! I agree that it is an awesome property.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 295 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.