Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#70798 08/10/03 05:15 PM
mikell Offline OP
OP Offline
wondering if you can save any money/get a better deal by booking a week on A/C with a travel agent for this area or by doing it directly thru the hotel?

anyone have any experiences either way?

#70799 08/10/03 06:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
You should get a whole range of answers on this one. As one who travels constantly between BZ and the States, I always check both on the internet and with the agents.
I'm not sure where you would like to stay, just be warned that not all agents do business with all hotels. They-- like every other business-- will send you to the properties where they make the most profit. After all, one of the leading BZ travel agents sent my husband and I to the Playador on our first visit, telling us it was a "Premier Property.
I also know that some properties will give much better rates to an individual who calls than what you would get with an agent.
So the question is: do you want to make one call and let an agent plan your trip, OR, do you want to do the "legwork". It looks to me like you are doing the legwork now.
Good luck!

#70800 08/11/03 08:03 AM
B
B
I concur w/ the above. I don't mind doing the legwork myself (sometimes I think I shoulda been a travel agent!) & many of the hotel / resort webpages have direct booking specials, esp. for week+ stays. From that I'd guess the absolute best value would be had by researching yourself and booking direct ...

#70801 08/11/03 08:45 AM
K
K
Pick a couple of hotels, e-mail them, get a quote, THEN call your travel agent and see if they can do better or email one of the agents that specializes in Belize travel ( like Barbsbelize or Mayatravel). I do the same with flying, only backwords, I go to one or two of the major travel sites, like onetravel.com or travelocity, see what airlines they quote as the cheapest, go to the airlines web-page and often you will now find "web-specials" that match or are lower than the fares on the "wholesale" travel sites. Makes sense, the airlines are finally catching on to the "web-game". I usually find my own hotel, me staying in budgetplaces, that's how I found Hotel del Rio. If you have seen me mention the place before, I have no connection what-so-ever with the place, just happened to stay there for three months and adore the place and the caretakers!:rolleyes

#70802 08/11/03 08:49 AM
K
K
Marty, why are my eyes not rolling :rolleyes: confused laugh

#70803 08/11/03 09:51 AM
B
B
your colon is missing

*ahem*

I mean, you're missing a colon ...

#70804 08/11/03 01:14 PM
Just for the record, my company does not send you to the place where we make the most profit. We send you to the place it sounds like you are looking for! I suppose I am not a very good business person but I am an awesome travel agent (if I may say so myself!) If you are interested in a place which does not pay commission, or offers you a better price if you book it directly, we usually tell you that. Same with published airfares. If you want to book non commissionable places through us for the convenience, we charge a nominal booking fee. My motivations have always been to get the right people to the right places in Belize, not about the $$.

#70805 08/11/03 04:34 PM
mikell Offline OP
OP Offline
barb...

i sent you an email thru your site...hope you got it...

looking for some info about making travel arrangements...check your mail and let me know if you didn't get the inquiry...

thanks...

#70806 08/11/03 05:46 PM
Got it - I am having computer problems today. keeps re booting itself! I will try to get an answer out to you today. Air from Rochester is $593 R/T pp on USAir. Currently avail for your dates.

#70807 08/13/03 11:32 AM
mikell there is a lot of info on this board ????all mean well .all have there own hotels ,they love ...go to a travel agent ,ie like barbara k she knows the island and what she said is a fact she is a valuable tool ,a wealth of info ,you pay nothing for her service ,yes you can shop around on your own ,and save a few pennies ,but is the juice worth the squeeze ????I am the largest seller of cruises in the northeast ,and in the top ten the country we sell over 50,000 pass.a year ,we do not sell belize only cruises and land tours .butI can tell you ,use a agent that knows belize.like the folks named above on the chat board they will earn your business ..you will have a great trip and lifes to short to gamble on a ok trip you want a great trip !!!!without a agent your own you own!!!! enjoy

Living The Dream Every Day!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 309 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.