Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#74994 10/20/03 07:17 PM
mikell Offline OP
OP Offline
who is going to be on AC during the last week of february.

we would very much like to meet some of the people who use this board...

i posted a suggestion to see if there was interest in having a regular weekly meeting time/place for boardies to meet on AC...but not much response...is it just too "formal" an idea?

we frequented another message board (for another location)last winter...and found that the board members gathered every sunday for brunch at one of the board sponsors restaurants...it was absolutely delightful to meet so many of the people we got to know online before our trip. more than a few of them were on holidays there at the same time we were...and we also met many of the local business people who used the board...

just an idea...but hoping we will at least meet a few of the interesting people we've been "reading" here!

#74995 10/20/03 07:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
ZZZZZYAWNZZZZZ

#74996 10/20/03 08:03 PM
RMT Offline
Originally posted by mikell:

i posted a suggestion to see if there was interest in having a regular weekly meeting time/place for boardies to meet on AC...but not much response...is it just too "formal" an idea?

we frequented another message board (for another location)last winter...and found that the board members gathered every sunday for brunch at one of the board sponsors restaurants...it was absolutely delightful to meet so many of the people we got to know online before our trip. more than a few of them were on holidays there at the same time we were...and we also met many of the local business people who used the board...

just an idea...but hoping we will at least meet a few of the interesting people we've been "reading" here!
Hi Mikell,

Looks like we are going to miss you but my husband, child and myself will be there March 5 until the 20th. This will be our third trip and the last time we were there we did meet up with some of the other boarders at Bc's for the Sunday BBQ. That was two years ago and Mike and Daphne along with Jack a Roe were there as well as some others. I think it's a great idea .... I know we had a lot of fun that day. I am mostly a "lurker" on here but I have found the message board to be invaluable! Can't wait for our return trip in March. Maybe some others arriving in Feb. will take you up on your suggestion!

#74997 10/20/03 08:07 PM
RMT Offline
Originally posted by mikell:

Hi Mikell....

Looks like we will miss you as we will be arriving March 5th. This will be trip #3 for us and two years ago we did meet up with some boarders at BC's for the Sunday BBQ. We had a fantastic time. Maybe some others arriving in feb. will take you up on you suggestion.

#74998 10/21/03 08:44 AM
mikell Offline OP
OP Offline
rmt...

looks like bc's bbq on sundays is a good bet...

i agree about the value of the message board...gives you a good idea of what to expect...especially the first time...

since you're going back for the 3rd time...that speaks volumes too! happy travels!

#74999 10/21/03 08:50 AM
J
J
We arrive in San Pedro on February 29 at about noon, from Placencia. Plan on heading to BC's upon arrival. Mikell, will you still be there then?

This will be our second trip to Belize. Wonderful place. The upcoming trip involves heading north into Mexico as well. I just know it's going to really hard to leave Ambergris Caye and head north....

Jean

#75000 10/21/03 10:32 AM
J
J
RMT,

Rhonda, is that you? How's Liam? So jealous that you are going back. Staying at the Mayan again? We're taking the boat back to race in Florida again this winter, so no San Pedro again.

#75001 10/21/03 03:57 PM
mikell Offline OP
OP Offline
jean...

yes...feb. 29th will be our last full day on AC...we leave the following morning... frown

might have to do the BC BBQ that day...and hope to meet you there... smile

#75002 10/23/03 09:53 PM
RMT Offline
Jack-a-Roe!

Yessss..it's me. I wasn't sure if you would remember me! What a good memory you have. yes, again we will stay at the Mayan and are going for 16 days. I remember you telling me about the races that you did each year. When will you get back? I always laugh about us always running into each other in the hallway...at the ice machine...LOl Hope all is well with you both!

Mikell...yes...we really look forward to returning. This is our every other year trip with Ireland in between...enjoy your trip!

#75003 10/28/03 06:05 PM
We will be in SP end of Feb. Some how have missed BC's on Sunday on past trips. Looking forward to meeting other boarders. See ya at BC's!! Indygal

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.