Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#82045 03/09/04 08:10 PM
E
OP Offline
E
After a long deployment around the world I have finally come home and decided the best way to get over living with 5000 people on a ship would be a trip to Belize. I have searched all over this board and can not find any info about the Journey's End resort that was posted since last spring. I promise I searched but this seems like a pretty tolerant crowd.

My wife and I have reserved a beachfront cabana there and the only thing I have found so far is that they may have scorpions and, as of last year, the staff was great but the rooms did not come close to the website. I also have not been very successful at finding info on the dive shp there. Any contacts or feedback>? Thanks in advance.

Eric

T
T
try somewhere else...

E
OP Offline
E
Originally posted by toad:
try somewhere else...
I am guessing it would make little sense for me to ask for anybody to expound on Toads comments.....This could mean try somewhere other than JE or try somewhere other than AC??

J
J
eric and amber, did you check out the lodging at the top of the page? if you click on it it will send you to a selection where you can scroll down to journeys end and review their facilities. prices amenities pool etc. you will be north of town and will rely on ferry and water taxi to get past the san pedro river..don't know if that matters to you hope this helps john in denver

E
OP Offline
E
Thanks John, I had not seen the part about the different parts of the island. That is pretty helpful.

Thanks for your time and courtesy, I just wanted to get some of the feedback that is typically given here.

Eric

S
S
Originally posted by Eric and Amber:
Thanks John, I had not seen the part about the different parts of the island. That is pretty helpful.
Eric
Given this, I would really zero in on where you would like to be located. The type of time you would like to spend on AC should be addressed first and will determine where you wish to stay. A search along the lines of North vs South will prove very beneficial. From there you can focus on specific properties.
You do not see much recent info on JsE because the people that frequent this board are not the typical people you will find there....nothing negatively inferred here...
Be aware that if you are interested in a more private Northerly retreat, I have witnessed JsE catering to mini conferences of 50 plus people on more than one occasion.

Best of luck.

By the way, thank you for your service.

C
C
we stayed north at captain morgans and loved it there very nice place with perfect service you can also ride bikes and golf cart into town by taking the reaction ferry pulled my belizeans 24/7.

M
M
The dive shop at JER is a seperate operation run Belize Ocean Divers is run by Steve Bowen of Temptation Island Fame. A topnotch divemaster by anybody's standards.

J
J
I stayed in town, which is what my wife & I prefer.We are big fans of spending as much time around the locals as much as possible & try different places to eat more than once a day. San Pedro has enough great places that you can easily have all 3 meals a day at a different place.What better way to experience being in Belize than meeting the people & eating what we considered some of the tastiest & well prepared food we have ever had traveling.I rode a golf cart as far up as a little past Capt.Morgans & it was a very rough road to say the least.I hear it gets worse the further you go up.

People who have stayed up there,how many round trips would you make either by cart or bike a week??? I fully understand that some day I may choose to be further from town or maybe I won't,but I realize some people like the isolated locations & are happy just to chill out & not move aroud as much.

J
J
I meant to mention: Have you found the map
//www.ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/mapdowntowndetail.html. Click on most places and their web comes up. The places on the map are closer to each other than I thought they would be.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.