Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#85145 04/23/04 03:57 PM
D
danb Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Will be in AC in late November/Early December and would like to spend one full day fishing. Do any of the guides offer "Combo" fishing charters, both reef and flats fishing. I would like to hook some bones and tarpon, but would also like to catch some fish for eating on the reefs (as well as keep my wife interested in the charter as there is usually more action reef fishing!) There have been some great reviews on Captain Bicho, does any one know if he offers this type of charter. Most of the reviews for him have been regarding his reef fishing, but have not seen much about his flats fishing, is he as proficient in guiding the flats as he is the reef? Finally, what should I expect as far as fishing action and weather in late November?

Thanks

#85146 04/23/04 07:38 PM
Hi Danb...We just recently returned from our 1st trip to AC. My husband, very much into flyfishing, went out with a guide named Severo one half day and a full day, in which he flyfished in the morning & returned for me & our 2 girls for snorkeling. It worked out wonderfully. I believe he would accomodate you, because he did mention to my husband upon learning that we had a day with Capt. Bicho, that he does a similar combo day and would probably be more likely to do a flat/reef combo...you can check with him at [email protected] via e-mail. You have to remember that in a flats boat there is no relief from the sun which may be something you need to consider.

We also did 2 full days with Capt. Bicho, which, IMHO, were the best days we had in AC. Like your wife, I enjoy the action of reef fishing & let my husband go do his own thing with Severo. My husband brought his fly rod out on the boat with Capt. Bicho...and he appears not to be into flyfishing as he is into reef fishing so you might want to keep that in mind. It is important to have a good guide who can put you on the fish when flyfishing...Severo definitely does this!!! Capt. Bicho knows his reef fishing like the back of his hand. It's two different types of fishing & sometimes it's like a doctor's specialty...we wouldn't go to an opthamologist for a foot problem now would we?...Goody

#85147 04/24/04 09:11 AM
T
T
danb,
I have done the type combo fishing you asked about, although for the flyfishing part we got out of the boat and waded the surf for a while. We were put on bonefish but were not able to get any to bite. Usually the guides use a different boat for flats vs. reef fishing. I'll be down in AC in May(17-25) and I could check with several guides we use and report back.
TIMO

#85148 04/25/04 11:29 AM
Timo,
My son and I will be down there May 17-27. We plan on doing a lot of fishing. We have already booked 2 half days flats fishing. Wanna share on some other fishing trips?
Flora

#85149 04/27/04 01:30 PM
e mail capt bicho he has two boats and does it all ,,see the rave reviews ,he is very good and you too will become a big fan ,,fishingsanpedro.com

Living The Dream Every Day!
#85150 04/27/04 02:12 PM
D
danb Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks for the help. I e-mailed Capt. Bicho and he does do a combo trip. I think with all of the rave reviews of Capt. Bicho, I will book a full day with him. I look foward to seeing some reviews of your trips in May (Timo and f095). Capt. Jeff, from your experience fishing around AC, are the is there a better time of day to fish the flats vs. the reef?

#85151 04/27/04 02:43 PM
leave it up to them ?? they ??will use the smaller boat so they can do both ..tide ,wind .moon ,will help also with the,time to switch over .you picked the right guy.he will try hard to get you a mess off fish .. but book early he is getting sold out each week ..go live the dream and enjoy watch for the may capt jeff fishing report the capt is down the 4-29 to 5-4 ..

Living The Dream Every Day!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.