Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Lola Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Where do we stay? Banana Beach or Corona Del Mar
or Mata Rocks? Booking today need help fast.

G
G
Corona del Mar. Especially since it's your first time, you'll be within easy walking distance of town so you can wander around and check out all the different eating and drinking places. laugh

O
O
Banana Beach, without a doubt. I have stayed there 7 times, in the last 3 years and love it. Everything that you need is right there,restaurant,bar, 2 pools,travel shop(with beach towels) and an excellent staff.
Jackie

Lola some helpful info to help you choose:
Corona Del Mar is closest to town - easy stroll down the beach. It's next to Coconuts which now has a big party bar and live entertainment many nights. There is a noise factor to deal with because of that however. I stayed at Coconuts and witness that Corona guests were allowed to use their pool (and hopefully their bar). I understand that Rasta Pasta now has a restaurant at Coconuts and they come highlight recommended by many boarders. Corona Del Mar has breakfast included and I hear Rum Punch in the afternoon?

Mata Rocks is next to Banana Beach and both are a ways south of town. I think you could walk to town, but it will take some time. Banana Beach offers all those great things o jackie mentioned - a large place with plenty of room types. I have not stayed there buy have visited many times and it's a great place for just about anyone (families, singles, couples on their honeymoon, etc.).

Mata Rocks has always interested me because it's somewhat on the small side, has a small pool and a open air bar on the beach. You can get summer specials that include breakfast and a free snorkel trip. That is why I have chosen to stay there my next visit in August.

You will not go wrong choosing any one of these, in my humble opinion.

Good Luck! - When will you be traveling to AC?

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
G
G
I vote for Corona del Mar but pay a little extra and get an ocean view room. The sunset rooms tend to get a little warm with the afternoon sun shining on them. You won't be sorry, but beware of the rum punch. Woody doesn't skimp on the rum.
No matter where you stay, you will have a blast.

K
K
Mata Rocks is a wonderful place but pay close attention to the 3D view of their rooms (on website) The bedrooms are not separate. When I was down in March a couple of groups checking in were disappointed

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
K
K
We stayed at Mata Rocks the 2nd week of May and really liked it. We spent very little time in our room, so not having a seperate bedroom was not an issue for us. We were in a suite and had plenty of room and a great view from the balcony. What was best about Mata Rocks was, first, the staff. They are all wonderful and fun to be around. Shirleen at the bar did a great job taking my husband's teasing and keeping him in line. The second best thing is because it is a small resort, we got to know the other people staying there. We would all meet at breakfast and then also meet up again at happy hour to discuss what we did for the day. If you are looking for that kind of experience, I highly recommend Mata Rocks.

L
Lola Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks for all your input, we have decided on Corona Del Mar, will let you know how it was, am so exicted to go, Can't wait!!! Leaving June 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 273 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.