Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
MissyI Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi all, a search under "topless" revealed little useable info. Usually this was because the person asking the question was either looking for a "topless beach", as in a place with a sign that said "you can take your top off here" or they were really looking for a "nude beach". So, let me try to phrase the question(s) better:

1. If I go to the XYZ Resort, somewhere in San Pedro, sit down on the beach and take my top off, will I be breaking any laws (local, state or national)? Will there be other women who are sunning topless? If so, a few or more than that? Are others at the resort beach likely to take offense, or have they seen this before?

2. Would a resort in Placencia be any different?

3. We're also considering a yacht charter for part of our stay. Is it safe to assume that out on the boat nobody would care if I went topless?

Not trying to start a discussion of politics/morals/God knows what else here. Just looking for the facts. Thanks!

M
MissyI Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks SIN! That helps a lot.

B
B
You can contact Lady Sharon at [email protected] or call at 501-226-2292 or 604-3290 for the cruise you desire. She is a 65 foot catamaran with a large covered area, restrooms, fresh water showers, a full bar and Bar-B-Q on board. The web site is www.ladysharonbelize.com Love to have you visit!

K
K
OK, this is the deal! Belizian girls do not show up anywhere topless! The girls might wear the tightest pants you ever saw, but they would never, ever show up without a top. If you are at a remote resort, maybe Ok, if not, don't go upset people. This is not Mexico or Europe! And i don't know what the topless or not issue has to do with the Lady Sharon, do you have special topless cruises?

J
J
HEY MISSY, My advice is if you want to go topless, find a nice location, and take your top off... if you are comfortable with it...then no problem...no one will come and arrest you.... be comfortable...be discrete..enjoy yourself... screw the world you are there to enjoy yourself...john denver IT AIN'T NO BIG DEAL

Sure go ahead. All men want to gawk at ya and make you feel you are the only one they have ever seen, then they will laugh at ya for doing it. They will hiss and be comforted and you will probably be a target for a night out........

Belize is a modest country.
Why do you even feel the need to strip of your clothes.
Belizeans would never think of doing this!
Kippe I agree.
For goodness sake, do this at home and visit SP with it all on.
I think I said too much, but I don't really care.

John - you sound an awful lot like "the ugly american" - screw the world - I'll do what i want.......

have you so little respect for the local customs & cultures?

There is much truism in the old adage "when in Rome......"

Remember, you are a visitor in THEIR country . it's not so much as maybe its ok, no one will arrest you. It just shows, IMO, such a lack of respect for your hosts.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Behaviour is a language too. Toplessness in Belize translates into an advertisement of easy sex with any male who wishes to pounce. It's highly rude, and potentially quite dangerous.

B
B
Kippe,
After 4 years of charters in Jamaica we have seen it all and yes we can arrange any special cruise, topless depends on gender.

No one has really answered MissyI's question number 1 - is public nudity illegal in Belize? Having that fact along with the other posts should give her the complete picture?

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 291 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.